deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Favorite 2 or 3 Card Combos  (Read 2132 times)

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Favorite 2 or 3 Card Combos
« on: June 07, 2016, 06:58:04 pm »
Hello Everyone! I've been thinking about card combos lately, and was just wondering what everyone elses favorites were. These don't have to be "i win the game" combos, they could just be a couple cards that interact really well together in a way way better than any of the individual cards would suggest.

Open to any format.

For example, in Draft or Sealed, my favorite combo is Call the Bloodline + Sanitarium Skeleton (and + indulgent aristocrat if possible). It doesn't win the game by itself, but is one of those combos that satisfying and makes each card in it much better than it would be otherwise. 
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

nukachemist

• Decks
Re: Favorite 2 or 3 Card Combos
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 12:32:06 am »
For Draft I really enjoy the Call the Bloodline + Sanitarium Skeleton Combo, I've won two drafts by picking those cards early on and building around it.

I also enjoy another combo that isn't the best but I find it fun it draft and for kitchen table games. Rancid Rats + Rabid Bite, it's a mean combo that can kill any creature and opponent has, only problem is it's a one time deal.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 02:24:39 am »
My favorite 3 cards combo has to be Palladium Myr, and 2 Myr Galvanizer 's. Infinite mana, in colorless is useful almost anywhere.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 02:39:52 am »
Sliver Overlord + Mana Echoes. Connor that with a few good, quick tutors and you can get your entire Sliver army on the board. This works best, for me, in my EDH deck with the Overlord as my general, but you could make it work in modern.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Tcfaulkn64

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 06:42:04 am »
I Like Presence of Gond + Intruder alarm. Infinite 1/1 elves.  :o Check out my U/G elf deck. Also with an Elvish Archdruid or an Elvish Mystic you got yourself infinite Mana as well. Good topic.
"I have passed through fire and deep water, since we parted. I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten."

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 08:10:03 am »
  I've got a few combos that I found I like in the new Shadows over innistrad:

1) Sleep paralysis + murderous compulsion
2) Spectral shepard + rattlechains
3) morkrut necropod + crawling sensation
4) mad prophet + Any madness card (for example: nagging thoughts, from under the floorboards).
5) Malevolent whispers + merciless resolve
6) wolf of devil's breach + ANY high CMC card with madness (for example: alms of the vein,
7) Fork in the road + stoic builder
   Just to name a few.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 09:09:02 am »
Knowledge pool + curse of exhaustion. Loooooooooooooove it.
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

aizbert065

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 10:26:14 am »
indeed mangara of corondor + cloudshift or + minamo, school at water's edge or + karakas you may untap mangara with minamo as interruption to exile 2 permanents, or blink it/bounce it to your hand to save mangara from exile and then exile other permanents. I made a moden deck around it

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 07:15:09 pm »
@Mostlynotgay That is awesome!
I've run Isochron Scepter + Silence, then activated at the end of opponents untap step, but your lock even stops instants. Very cool!

While we're on the topic of Modern, I also love Hedron Crab + Oboro, Palace in the Clouds (bounce the land any turn you miss a land drop) and
A new one I'm seeing a bit is in Grixis delve decks. They do Sin Prodder + Gurmag Angler or Tasigur, the Golden Fang. Sin Prodder feeds the graveyard, and when something Like Angler flpts, the opponent has to choose to either lose 7 life or let you have a 5/5 for (probably) one mana.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 12:35:27 am »
I Like Presence of Gond + Intruder alarm. Infinite 1/1 elves.  :o Check out my U/G elf deck. Also with an Elvish Archdruid or an Elvish Mystic you got yourself infinite Mana as well. Good topic.

My friend made a combo deck that had a win condition of suture priest + intruder alarm + forbidden orchard. Kill your opponent in one turn by flooding their board for them.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 04:14:41 am »
I've run Isochron Scepter + Silence, then activated at the end of opponents untap step, but your lock even stops instants. Very cool!

The best part is you can sometimes hit a REALLY good card and get out a bunch of copies of it with cheap spells. I once got 5 Admonition Angel on the board by exiling one, casting a 1drop then just casting counters in response. It was hilarious.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:57:07 am by Mostlynotgay »
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 06:31:16 am »

While we're on the topic of Modern, I also love Hedron Crab + Oboro, Palace in the Clouds (bounce the land any turn you miss a land drop) and
A new one I'm seeing a bit is in Grixis delve decks. They do Sin Prodder + Gurmag Angler or Tasigur, the Golden Fang. Sin Prodder feeds the graveyard, and when something Like Angler flpts, the opponent has to choose to either lose 7 life or let you have a 5/5 for (probably) one mana.

Actually with silence, it doesn't work that way. Besides that, your opponent still has priority.
Silence also won't stop your opponents from casting spells after you cast Silence but before Silence resolves.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:39:13 am by robort »
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 07:41:47 am »

Actually with silence, it doesn't work that way. Besides that, your opponent still has priority.
Silence also won't stop your opponents from casting spells after you cast Silence but before Silence resolves.

Agreed that spells cast in response to activation of isochron will still resolve. As for priority, you gain it at the end of phases (or to phrase differently, in response to changing phases). Your opponent can spit out all the instants they like in response, but activating before their main phase means creatures, sorcery's, enchantments, and artifacts are totally shut out. This combo is by no means a hard lock like Mostlynotgay's, but it is a real challenge for an opponent to play around, and completely unbeatable without a significant amount of instants or artifact removal (especially since it goes online turn 3). Good points though!

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 11:54:04 pm »
kourinick,

What I was trying to get at, which has been done to me. Is when my opponent says "during your upkeep" while I'm on the untap phase. Some people forget those are 2 seperate phases in which confusion lies. Silence is used after the untap, not during so there isn't the full lock. Hence why I brought up priority. But you are just about completely right with what you said. LOL I won't nitpick the 4 or more cards for delve when subject is about 2 or 3 card combo.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 01:20:44 am »
I like using Mirror Mockery on Reflector Mage in Standard, that's always hilarious.
I enjoy using Surrak The Hunt Caller and Hero's Blade. if Hero's Blade is played before Surrak enters the battlefield, it is automatically equipped and triggers his formidable ability! 8/6 with haste turn 4! It's also fun to do it with Yasova Dragonclaw turn 3 and steal their creatures!
My favourite has to be Sphinx's Tutelage and Painter's Servant