deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Goblin Creature steal deck help  (Lu 385 fois)

Chrissyboytux

• Decks
Goblin Creature steal deck help
« le: Juillet 28, 2016, 03:03:41 pm »
Hi, I'm working on a mono red goblin deck with creature steal that focuses on using Bazaar Trader to gain permanent control of the opponents creatures after using Threaten and Mark of Mutiny.

Here is the current iteration of the deck: http://deckstats.net/decks/68444/536090-goblin-creature-steal/en

I am thinking about swapping some new creatures in, most notably Ogre Battledriver. I was curious if his effect "Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, that creature gets +2/+0 and gains haste until end of turn."

Now, when you use one of the creature steal cards and have Ogre Battledriver on the field, would that stolen creature receive the +2/+0 benefit, or because it's already entered the battlefield, would the effect not trigger?

Any other suggestions or ideas on helping the deck are welcome. Other creatures I'm considering putting in are Goblin Diplomats, Zada's Commando, Jeering Instigator, Mogg Sentry and Tuktuk the Explorer.

Thanks

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: Goblin Creature steal deck help
« Réponse #1 le: Juillet 28, 2016, 05:57:30 pm »
Hi! Sweet Goblin control deck. I love goblin tribal, and this is a super unique take on the deck that I really like! It looks pretty dialed in to me, but for the control aspect, it might be worth considering Zealous Conscripts for the sideboard since it lets you take any permenant and not just creatures. unfortunately he isn't a goblin and 5 is a lot of mana, but being able to snag Karn, Liberated from a Tron player, or some enchantment slowing you down (like Ghostly Prison) is a pretty sweet feeling.

Harness by Force or Traitorous Blood could be good to, since they are strictly better than Act of Treason (and the double red doesn't matter to you).

Jeering Instigator seems to be exactly what this deck wants, especially since its a goblin itself.

Metalic Mastery seems good for the sideboard in case you're against a lot of Artifacts.

As for Goblin support, Clickslither is pretty amazing with Siege-Gang Commander.

I hope you found this helpful! Good luck and Happy Hunting :)

Oh, and to answer your question. If you gain control of a guy with Act of Treason, it doesn't get the +2/0 bonus from Ogre Battledriver for exactly the reason you said. The creature is already on the battlefield so the effect doesn't trigger.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Chrissyboytux

• Decks
Re: Goblin Creature steal deck help
« Réponse #2 le: Juillet 28, 2016, 06:19:47 pm »
Hi KouriNick,

Really appreciate your response, and great ideas presented here.

You've made a few card suggestions that I didn't know or think about that would definitely benefit the deck. Traitorous Blood definitely beats Threaten and Act of Treason because of the trample effect, so that is a no brainer. I'm just in love with Threaten's art work because it's a goblin deck, but I'll get over it!

Clickslither looks like a very good card in this deck. I didn't know about it, but it would be of great use here. Zealous Conscripts looks like a good card too for, as you said, the fact it can steal any permanent and not just a creature. Definitely will help against an annoying enchantment halting my offense.

Yeah, I didn't think it would work because of the wording on Ogre Battledriver, but thought I should get a definitive answer. A shame the effect doesn't trigger, but there's definitely some better suggestions here from you.

Thanks