deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Sneak Attack Deck  (Letto 192 volte)

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
Sneak Attack Deck
« il: Luglio 07, 2016, 05:54:02 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/43244/525183-sneak-it-in-ftw-/en

Plan to hold off till turn 3 or 4 to get a sneak attack or amulet out.  (use gamble to try and tutor for amulet or sneak attack)
Use seething song to speed up turn 3.

Wall of razors to help with the first few turns while you sit there and gamble.

Bust open big ass creatures that all return to your lib when die... (or stay in play if you used amulet.)
Stack deck with Scroll Rack then each creature that dies allows you to shuffle your lib and you can scroll rack again if necessary.

Fling for the win if ya can.

I have play tested it a bunch and it can be very deadly with the Annihilator triggers but it still seems a little inconsistent so I am trying to weed out the kinks.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: Sneak Attack Deck
« Risposta #1 il: Luglio 07, 2016, 11:34:26 pm »
Hey Bartley! I dig the deck. it's a unique way to play magic! I see what you're saying about consistency, and the only thing that comes to mind is the quantity of big creatures. 16 seems like a lot, especially with Gambles. You could probably safely cut 4-6 of them, and run cantrips like Manamorphose to help you dig for what you need for free. The Bloodthorn Taunter in the maybeboard also seems like a good call as a way to get in right away and gives you another turn 2 play. It can also chump block if absolutely necessary. Wheel of Fortune / Wheel of Fate could be happy in this deck too to make sure you hit combo pieces.

I hope you found this helpful! Good Luck! :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
Re: Sneak it in FTW! - Comments
« Risposta #2 il: Luglio 07, 2016, 11:53:11 pm »
Hey :)

Yeah ended up throwing Bloodthorn Taunter on the maybeboard because sneak attack is the main goal and that gives haste already.... however quicksilver amulet does not give haste... so it was a toss up but I removed since you would always gamble for the Sneak attack.   

I love Manamorphose and use it in many decks, but I felt like seething song and Scroll Rack were good enough at tutoring threw your deck and sort of have similar effect together as Manamorphose
Wheel of fortune is awesome too but unfortunately its banned in Legacy. 

I also considered adding gemstone caverns for the 1 turn ahead on mana which could allow you to have 3 mana on turn 2 and potential seething song to cast gamble and sneak attack... but its very low chance.

much to ponder.