deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Self Sacrifice B/W (Standard)  (Read 273 times)

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
Self Sacrifice B/W (Standard)
« on: July 14, 2016, 07:36:27 pm »

Current idea for standard B/W deck. Inspired by Scott-Vargas' pro-tour G/B Aristocrats deck and Blood Artist decks. Should also play fairly inexpensively. 

https://deckstats.net/decks/63728/519683-self-sacrifice-?saved=1&lng=en

Let me know what you think. I'm actually really liking this deck and considering building it after the new set release. I've been wanting to try something like it for awhile but B/W just didn't have quite the push it needed. Selfless Spirit really kicks it up a notch as well as some of the other new cards and I think there are a multitude of combos you can pull off here.
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

Bordum51

• Decks
Re: Self Sacrifice B/W (Standard)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 12:31:12 am »
i would highly recommend shambling vents for a land replacment since you can animate when flooded and still do damage and gain life

i would also look into dranas emissiery, i think thats the upkeep drain 1

skeri

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 03:28:00 am »
i would highly recommend shambling vents for a land replacment since you can animate when flooded and still do damage and gain life

i would also look into dranas emissiery, i think thats the upkeep drain 1

I do have some copies of shambling vent and and drana's emissary! Thank you, both of those are good suggestions.

Bordum51

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 07:33:06 pm »
to get the most out of the drain package you should also be running 4 pious evangel, gaining life for creatures entering and flipping him to create a 2/4 zulaport is awesome, have 8 drain effect creatures can be huge

idk about unruly mob or gavony unhallowed, i tried to run rot shambler in my abzan aristocrats and it was good, but not an all star, can probably find other creatures with more value

i would also try and get rid of 1 ofs, i find it takes away from the consistency of the deck, planeswalkers you should run a minimum of 2 imo

skeri

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 08:08:22 pm »
to get the most out of the drain package you should also be running 4 pious evangel, gaining life for creatures entering and flipping him to create a 2/4 zulaport is awesome, have 8 drain effect creatures can be huge

idk about unruly mob or gavony unhallowed, i tried to run rot shambler in my abzan aristocrats and it was good, but not an all star, can probably find other creatures with more value

i would also try and get rid of 1 ofs, i find it takes away from the consistency of the deck, planeswalkers you should run a minimum of 2 imo

I like the idea of pious evangel but I will probably keep everything else in the deck until I at least get a chance to playtest at my shop. I don't really play planeswalkers usually, so I'm not sure that I even want to play Sorin in my deck. I typically prefer not to spend the money on them, but I happened to get a copy of Sorin so I decided to toss him in there. If I draw him great, if I don't, that's fine.

Thanks for the suggestions!