deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: Fear of Thirteen - Comments  (Lida 436 vezes)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
Fear of Thirteen - Comments
« em: Julho 16, 2016, 04:45:05 pm »
This is the comment topic for Fear of Thirteen.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Fear of Thirteen.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

töbel

• Decks
Re: Fear of Thirteen - Comments
« Responder #1 em: Julho 16, 2016, 04:45:05 pm »
might one copy of assault formation and behind the scenes?

Ikarospharike

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Julho 16, 2016, 05:11:30 pm »
Hmmm, good idea, but I was trying to include stuff that would survive rotation. Although if you intend to play at an FNM between release and rotation, it wouldn't be a bad addition for the Behind the Scenes. Assault Formation might be pushing it a bit since you'd have to splash into three colors and that would slow you down a bit unless you had the required duals/fetches. Also, by dropping in a behind the scenes, I'd have to cut a couple counters/board control elements. Since the secondary element of the deck is build around having a lot of instants/sorceries to cast at reduced prices (when the Homunculus flips) the extra enchantments might bog it down. Test it and see how it works, it might be a lot better than the idea I have.
Thanks for the feedback.

Yuto Kigai

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Julho 18, 2016, 07:48:55 am »
Have Cryptolith Fragment on the board, tap Tree of Perdition, cast Turn to frog, Tree of Perdition becomes 1/1, opponents life is 1, tap Cryptolith Fragment: You're welcome.

Yuto Kigai

• Decks
« Responder #4 em: Julho 18, 2016, 07:53:38 am »
" Assault Formation might be pushing it a bit since you'd have to splash into three colors and that would slow you down a bit unless you had the required duals/fetches." There is no slowing down with pain lands

redpig7

• Decks
« Responder #5 em: Julho 18, 2016, 01:22:35 pm »
turn to frog wont work. it loses all abilities

Yuto Kigai

• Decks
« Responder #6 em: Julho 18, 2016, 02:29:40 pm »
It works because the ability is on stack, thats why you have to tap for activate and then "turn into frog"

Ikarospharike

• Decks
« Responder #7 em: Julho 19, 2016, 01:43:57 pm »
Wouldn't turn to frog take the toughness of the creature when the ability is activated? Or does it check on the stack as it resolves?

Yuto Kigai

• Decks
« Responder #8 em: Julho 26, 2016, 06:52:19 am »
@Ikarospharike
The ability of the tree will check it on the stack. You're playing turn to frog after the ability from the tree is on the stack. First frog resolves, tree becomes 0/1, then tree wants to resolve and it says "opponents life becomes life total of its defense" and its 0/1 at the moment.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Responder #9 em: Julho 26, 2016, 09:37:30 am »
   Some good ideas (since you're running U/b) would be to add alms of the vein, biting rain and creeping dread and possibly any other BLUE cards that have madness. This way your opponent will always have a short hand and you can steal some life, control the board and go for that slow burn that you want.

Ikarospharike

• Decks
« Responder #10 em: Julho 29, 2016, 07:03:01 pm »
I really, really appreciate the feedback. I'm contemplating running this for game day, I don't think anyone in my local meta will be expecting it.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Responder #11 em: Julho 29, 2016, 07:14:26 pm »
  I believe that one of the game days will be Friday the 13th, so i'm definitely running my own variant on the deck.  But I'll be using different colors. Either B/R, Mardu or Abzan.