deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Mono White Human Aggro  (Leído 763 veces)

Leszczu

• Geeky Gamers
  • Decks
Mono White Human Aggro
« en: Julio 17, 2016, 08:21:17 am »

AlexL225

• Decks
Re: Mono White Human Aggro - Comments
« Respuesta #1 en: Julio 17, 2016, 08:46:20 am »
Wow, I really like this deck.  It would play fast and has extremely low mana cost.  Additionally, protection has to be one of my all time favorite abilities and this deck plays that well with instant speed (love that).  Brave the Elements has to be one of my favorite cards to play with and one of my least favorite to play against.  Great deck!

Megragur

• Decks
Re: Mono White Human Aggro
« Respuesta #2 en: Julio 17, 2016, 09:15:49 am »
Why the evolving wilds? Yup only can search for a basic land

AlexL225

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Julio 17, 2016, 10:39:18 am »
The evolving wilds allows for "deck thinning" while playing a game.  Think about when your playing a game and you have plenty of mana already out and you go to draw a card and you draw another mana, deck thinning tries to help prevent that.  The only down side to using evolving wilds or something like terramorphic expanse is that the land enters the battlefield tapped, but this isn't always a bad thing depending on the situation or whats in your hand at the time.  The main point is to thin your deck of mana so that as the game goes on you can draw more non-mana card to play.

Leszczu

• Geeky Gamers
  • Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Julio 17, 2016, 10:39:58 am »
Why the evolving wilds? Yup only can search for a basic land
Evolving Wilds slown down this deck, but also sucks Plains from it and we can take some useful in our draw step because we have less lands in deck

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Julio 17, 2016, 10:48:54 pm »
The evolving wilds allows for "deck thinning" while playing a game.  Think about when your playing a game and you have plenty of mana already out and you go to draw a card and you draw another mana, deck thinning tries to help prevent that.  The only down side to using evolving wilds or something like terramorphic expanse is that the land enters the battlefield tapped, but this isn't always a bad thing depending on the situation or whats in your hand at the time.  The main point is to thin your deck of mana so that as the game goes on you can draw more non-mana card to play.

There is no thinning with a wasted slot/value/card. You said it yourself with plenty of mana. Evolving wilds isn't going to do any good with a empty hand while top decking it. An extremly fast aggro deck that runs out of steam and top decks evolving wilds when a spell would be much more handier.
Evolving Wilds is only good for 2 things, either getting the land you need or landfall trigger ability. Fetching for a land you need isn't necessary here because it's all the same color and no landfall triggers. You are running a 1.3 avg mana drop, I don't think bringing the avg to 1.4 to 1.5 by adding slot/value/card with a spell instead will slow you down.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

ushiikun

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Julio 18, 2016, 05:32:41 am »
Maybe drop the wilds for Knight of the White Orchid? Won't hurt your curve and still thins you deck while building your board?

AlexL225

• Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Julio 18, 2016, 07:51:22 am »

There is no thinning with a wasted slot/value/card. You said it yourself with plenty of mana. Evolving wilds isn't going to do any good with a empty hand while top decking it. An extremly fast aggro deck that runs out of steam and top decks evolving wilds when a spell would be much more handier.
Evolving Wilds is only good for 2 things, either getting the land you need or landfall trigger ability. Fetching for a land you need isn't necessary here because it's all the same color and no landfall triggers. You are running a 1.3 avg mana drop, I don't think bringing the avg to 1.4 to 1.5 by adding slot/value/card with a spell instead will slow you down.

True that drawing an evolving wilds doesn't do you any good with an empty had but neither does drawing a basic land, which could easily happen in this fast deck with such a low mana cost.  At least the evolving wilds pulls out two mana cards from your deck in that case rather than the basic land just pulling out just one when you already have plenty of mana.  That way there is a slightly higher chance for the player to draw a non land card on future draws.  I understand that this many not be necessary in this deck but thinning the deck of mana can be a useful tool in many decks and I don't see it being a bad idea in this case.  Ultimately, I was just pointing out that the reason for the evolving wilds in this deck is to reduce the Plains in it to increase the chance of drawing something useful.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Julio 18, 2016, 03:28:21 pm »

True that drawing an evolving wilds doesn't do you any good with an empty had but neither does drawing a basic land, which could easily happen in this fast deck with such a low mana cost.  At least the evolving wilds pulls out two mana cards from your deck in that case rather than the basic land just pulling out just one when you already have plenty of mana.  That way there is a slightly higher chance for the player to draw a non land card on future draws.  I understand that this many not be necessary in this deck but thinning the deck of mana can be a useful tool in many decks and I don't see it being a bad idea in this case.  Ultimately, I was just pointing out that the reason for the evolving wilds in this deck is to reduce the Plains in it to increase the chance of drawing something useful.

This deck will run out of gas. Quick out of the gate and sputters. 1.3 avg drop with 0 evasion. No matter what card you are looking for it won't win many races. Nothing in this deck for a finisher. Scrying and drawing to set up what finisher? Ok 1 Abbey with creatures that do get bigger. Again no evasion, flying, first strike, vigiliance, double strike, nothing. Just the potential of mediocre creatures. Hoping to have your creatures survive on 8 protection from color spells to win the game?
No matter how much you think Evolving Wilds is making you think, it's not really helping. You could even drop 2 Evolving Wilds and replace that with 2 Spirit Mantle all without hurting the curve. Thus making another finisher.

AlexL225

• Decks
« Respuesta #9 en: Julio 19, 2016, 06:55:03 am »

This deck will run out of gas. Quick out of the gate and sputters. 1.3 avg drop with 0 evasion. No matter what card you are looking for it won't win many races. Nothing in this deck for a finisher. Scrying and drawing to set up what finisher? Ok 1 Abbey with creatures that do get bigger. Again no evasion, flying, first strike, vigiliance, double strike, nothing. Just the potential of mediocre creatures. Hoping to have your creatures survive on 8 protection from color spells to win the game?
No matter how much you think Evolving Wilds is making you think, it's not really helping. You could even drop 2 Evolving Wilds and replace that with 2 Spirit Mantle all without hurting the curve. Thus making another finisher.
I completely agree with you on that, this deck is going to experience running out of gas due to such a low mana cost.  I do think that the evolving wilds although not really helping the deck, by no means to they really hurt it either though.  I like the idea of adding spirit mantle to the deck very much as it revolves around the use protection and stays in the field rather that just one turn.  I think that is actually a really good add to this deck.  What do you think about possibly running with two Westvale Abbey cards?  Increasing the chance of drawing it and getting to use it and that can be a hard creature to deal with, at least in my opinion.  I've personally had difficulty facing off against that card in some games once its a creature and seen it be a turning point to win games.   

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Respuesta #10 en: Julio 20, 2016, 03:03:58 pm »
I'd actually go with 2 Abbeys tops. It gives out colotless man but you'd at least have more chances getting this finisher/threat with the scrying and drawing. Then the added sprit mantle gives another finisher. This way if and when you run out of gas, you won't have to worry about it as much. I will just toss this out for a suggestion, add a Gryff's Boon?
« Última modificación: Julio 20, 2016, 03:08:39 pm por robort »