deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Liliana's Harvest  (Read 1417 times)

jaynan

• Decks
[Standard] Liliana's Harvest
« on: July 18, 2016, 07:14:21 pm »
Liliana's Harvest

Something I've put together from cards I got at prerelease and from the intro packs.

It is extremely effective especially once the Graf Harvest is in play.

I started with blue in it as well but the cards didn't have any game-changing effect that I as dying to keep in the deck.

If anyone has suggestions I'm more than willing to listen.

Thanks in advance!
"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you."

Bordum51

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Liliana's Harvest
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 12:02:11 am »
i would suggest nantuko husk, it fits into the zombie theme and give you a sac outlet for big damage, everyone always blocks the husk but husk with menace makes it more resilient and allows the damage to get in, like the deck, the thing the deck is weak to is going to be cards like declaration in stone, radiant flames, languish, so i would recommend going back into blue for cards like compelling deterrence and counter spells to protect from sweepers, deterrence is also great in zombie deck due to making the opponent discard, i might also look at Sidisi due to fetching any card for saccing a zombie and it on theme as well, would allow you to fetch up a much needed spell or finisher, im not experienced in running a mono black deck, i have been playing recently with Blue/Red decks, so just some thoughts

Happy Brewing

jaynan

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 12:07:14 am »
Thanks! Solid advice, I'll start looking around for some blue to add. I know Gisa and Geralf would be good to run.

Hopefully I can make it work!

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 01:47:13 am »
I agree with Bordum51 about Sidisi, Undead Vizier and about going back to add Blue. I feel like Gisa and Geralf, Prized Amalgam, Ingenious Skaab, Unsubstantiate, Compelling Deterrence, and Geralf's Masterpiece could all work in this deck very well.  Prized Amalgam is, in my opinion, a very strong creature for this deck. It allows constant recursion for free every time you cast something from your graveyard which is what Gisa and Geralf do as well as Relentless Dead and Geralf's Masterpiece.

jaynan

• Decks

jaynan

• Decks
Re: Liliana's Harvest - Comments
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 02:37:33 am »
Just saw your comment now as I made the previous revision. Took both your advice into consideration and I think I built a solid brew now, thanks to you two.

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
-1 Elder Deep-Fiend
-3 Forgotten Creation
+3 Compelling Deterrence
+1 Geralf's Masterpiece
+3 Ingenious Skaab
+1 Sidisi, Undead Vizier

Changed amounts:
-2 Diregraf Colossus
-1 Gisa and Geralf
-1 Prized Amalgam

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 11:01:21 pm »
Looks like a solid build.  I ran a few Starting Hand playouts and it curved out decently.  I don't know about Noosegraf Mob as a 6 drop in the main board.  It might work better to sideboard a few in against a fairly late game control deck as a way to maintain board presence while they cast spells or if you find yourself switching to a more controlling game plan against more aggressive decks.  I think a second Sidisi, Undead Vizier would work better both as a late game play to find something or even to just cast as a 4/6 deathtouch wall to slow down an aggressive plan.

jaynan

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 01:51:40 am »
I really appreciate you taking the time to check the curve. I agree with you on the Noosegraf. I liked playing it specifically for the reasons you gave and it proved effective but if they were casting then it was useless almost. I think a second Sidisi is a better addition.

Revision 4

Added/removed cards:
-1 Noosegraf Mob

Changed amounts:
+1 Sidisi, Undead Vizier

LeeLowNoul

• I don`t play MTG
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 11:43:55 pm »
Hey guys , I was thinking why not put wharf infiltrator , instead of ingenious skaab ?
I mean we will have a drop 2 acelarando the deck outside we can start putting significant creatures in the field also , since we have so many instant...
Sorry if my English is bad, I do not speak English!

jaynan

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 11:49:35 pm »
Oh you're perfectly fine.

As far as your recommendation, I really like it. Once I get home I'll check it out and see how MUCH I like it! I'm sure I'll make the change as you've said though haha.

Thanks!!

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 11:54:14 pm »
Hey guys , I was thinking why not put wharf infiltrator , instead of ingenious skaab ?
I mean we will have a drop 2 acelarando the deck outside we can start putting significant creatures in the field also , since we have so many instant...
Sorry if my English is bad, I do not speak English!

I follow you, and it's definitely a neat idea. I played against a couple Wharf Infiltrator at my Prerelease, and they are insanely good. The skulk lets them get through almost anything, and being able to loot your weakest creatures into 3/2's for 2 mana in insane.

We get the added benefit of playing Gissa and Geralf, so whatever we do discard early can just be brought back later. It is unfortunate that Wharf Infiltrator isn't a zombie, but I definitely think it's at least worth testing.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

jaynan

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 02:16:01 am »
Thanks for your input KouriNick!

jaynan

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 02:20:02 am »
Made the change as recommended. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I'm considering playing a Rise From The Grave so that if the Wharf does die, I can resurrect it as well as it becoming a zombie to cash in on the Harvest.

Revision 5

Added/removed cards:
-3 Ingenious Skaab
+3 Wharf Infiltrator

Changed amounts:

LeeLowNoul

• I don`t play MTG
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 03:41:36 am »

Since you like so much of my comment !
Just say "It NOIS " ( Brazilian slang that means we are together, or are a team )
Taking advantage so I'll give you other ideas ! hahaha why not also put stake bony , instead of muder ...
is a disadvantage to be spell , however is a very good combo with our zombies do not get in the cemetery , off which is very reclicavel with relentless dead ! HAHAHAH
Another letter that would resaltar is Fleshbag Marauder in place of Gavony unhalowed .
I think it is more useful for its effect and drop ...

jaynan

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 04:05:54 am »
It NOIS!!

As far as the Maurader goes, I just don't like how its a 3/1 for 3. Although it forces all players to sacrifice a creature it also gives the other player the choice of which is sacrificed. After that ETB effect wears off, you're just sitting on a 3/1 that can die by pretty much everything with nothing else to gain in the later game.