deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Spell Queller Questions  (Read 517 times)

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
Spell Queller Questions
« on: August 01, 2016, 09:48:40 pm »
Hey guys. So spell queller is obviously becoming a problem in Standard events right now. What I'm wondering is this... Say I cast a legendary like Olivia, Mobilized for War and someone counters with Spell Queller. Since the card is technically in exile can I cast another Olivia, Mobilized for War and would the legendary rule then make the new one permanent on the battlefield and the exiled one would just be useless?
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Spell Queller Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 10:11:54 pm »
Hey guys. So spell queller is obviously becoming a problem in Standard events right now. What I'm wondering is this... Say I cast a legendary like Olivia, Mobilized for War and someone counters with Spell Queller. Since the card is technically in exile can I cast another Olivia, Mobilized for War and would the legendary rule then make the new one permanent on the battlefield and the exiled one would just be useless?
Exile and Battlefield are 2 seperate zones so yes you could cast and use another Olivia. Legendary works only in the battlefield
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 10:12:42 pm »
If you cast Olivia, Mobilized for War, and your opponent exiles it with Spell Queller, and then you play another Olivia, assuming she resolves, your're good to go. Since the one in exile isn't on the battlefield, nothing of note occurs.

However, if you were to attack with Olivia and they blocked on their Spell Queller, the Queller would die and your old Olivia would return to the battlefield. At this point the Legend rule would apply and one of the two Olvias (I Believe of your choice) would go to your graveyard.

Hope that answers your question :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 10:13:53 pm »
You can cast a second legend from your hand if one is exiled. Casting a legend in exile if spell queller leaves play would invoke the legend rule.

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 10:58:03 pm »
Thank you guys! I am going to play my vampires at FNM this weekend and I was hoping that would be the case so that I can play around Spell Queller. Glad to know that's how it works before I bank on it in a tournament.
Time is precious, waste it wisely.