deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: [Standard] B/U Control  (Lu 308 fois)

atlantis100m

• Decks
[Standard] B/U Control
« le: Août 03, 2016, 08:33:09 am »
B/U Control

Tempo my opponent while protecting my creatures. To do this we will run the only 2-drop counterspell in clash of wills in the format as well as run horrible awry to keep early creatures off our backs (I'm looking at you Thalia and Gisela).With this deck we try to out tempo with spell queller, reflector mage, and our three drop counters in the mid game, as we reach 5 mana range we gain access to Dragonlord Ojiati which with always watching has permanent hexproof.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] B/U Control
« Réponse #1 le: Août 04, 2016, 05:56:01 pm »
I Really like this deck. Since it isn't Bant (and just doesn't have green in general) you don't need to stuff the deck with only creatures that cost 3 or less for Collected Company. This opens the deck up to cards like Gisela, The Broken Blade and Dragonlord Ojutai. Once Origins and Dragons rotate out, I think you've hit on a really dominant archetype (just find a replacement for Ojutai, maybe Avacyn?).

If you're going for pure tempo, maybe consider Unsubstantiate since early on it just sets your opponent back a whole turn, and later on it can be a combat trick to bounce their blocker before attacks.

Also, Blessed Alliance seems generally better than Immolating Glare. I know you don't get to chose which attacker dies, but the other modes can be relevant and give nice options (like untapping Ojutai in response to a removal spell, or to ambush attackers into what they thought was a tapped Gisela). Just something to think about

I hope you found this helpful! Good luck and Happy Hunting :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

atlantis100m

• Decks
Re: Blue/White Control - Comments
« Réponse #2 le: Août 05, 2016, 06:07:24 am »
Thanks, when Ojutai rotates ill probably go to Sphinx of the final word or Sphinx of the Magozi, as for unsubstantiate I think the card is good however if i did not want them to cast it the first time I do t want to deal with it a second time either but your right it is a good bounce spell, and I see what your saying about blessed alliance I might be able to not rely on always watching as much with Ojutai thanks I had not considered that

Thanks for the feedback

charlie187

• Decks
Re: [Standard] B/U Control
« Réponse #3 le: Août 05, 2016, 04:17:57 pm »
nice tech, :) you can try adding some hallmar tide caller for late games, and recycle your counters or encircle fissure adding more tempo and a creature with flying.

the heavy counter compose seems good for a slow metagame. maybe you can add some tragic arrogance on sideboard, if any hangarback gets in play, or a heavy secure the wastes is landed, you can have some problems.

thats my opinion. ( sry i dont know how to put the link for the card's).

Best Regards!

atlantis100m

• Decks
Re: Blue/White Control - Comments
« Réponse #4 le: Août 07, 2016, 01:34:10 am »
Thanks for the suggestions, This deck actually won 1st in FNM. I played against B/U spirits, G/W Tokens, Thing in the Ice Control,Madness Vamps,And Bant Company in the finals. I 2-0ed every opponent except madness vamp which was 2-1