deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] RW Multi-Task  (Read 241 times)

BirdKing

• Decks
[Standard] RW Multi-Task
« on: August 30, 2016, 07:03:09 pm »
RW Multi-Task

A Red/White Rotation Proof Human/Control/Equipment/Tokens build that popped into my head. It need a lot of tweaking. Suggestions are welcome. I'm trying to play into combat trick more than burn.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] RW Multi-Task
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 10:53:06 pm »
Cool Boros deck! I've been wanting to build something like this in standard for a while, and it's nice to see it all together. I especially like that there's nothing from Origins or Dragons of Tarkir, so you'll be able to play this for so much longer.

I think the deck is pretty close to dialed in, and with a couple small changes, we can make it a bit more consistent. Getting up to 4 copies of Weapons Trainer, Hamweir Garrison, and Avacynian Missionaries // Lunarch Inquisitors would go a long way. After all, the biggest problem with equipment decks is they tend to be light on creatures that can actually wield them, so we don;t want to get backed into that corner if we can avoid it. To make room for these 4, the easiest cuts would be Open the Armory and Encircling Fissure (redundant since we already have a couple Repel the Abominable). That would be 5 cuts, but lets us run a 4th Ride Down (which is too powerful not to run in a deck like this). 

Thalia's Lieutenant may be worth considering too because of the amazing interaction with Hanweir Garrison (double human trigger every attack, making the Lieutenant huge).

That covers the main deck, now sideboard tech is important here. This deck is really susceptible to board wipes like Languish, Kozilek's Return, and Radiant Flames, so we need a way to deal with that. Maybe a couple Selfless Spirit or Eerie Interlude in the sideboard? Spirit doesn't protect against Languish, but also flies and welds the equipment well. Eerie Interlude can be a nice surprise, though we'd still lose all our tokens and our equipment would become unattached. Lastly, we need a way to deal with opposing fliers, so maybe some Declaration in Stone in the Sideboard, or another couple copies of Blessed Alliance.

I hope you found this helpful. If you have further questions, feel free to ask. Good luck and Happy Hunting :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.