deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Kaladesh New Card Discussion  (Leído 18173 veces)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Kaladesh New Card Discussion
« Respuesta #60 en: Septiembre 08, 2016, 12:26:43 am »
For the first time in several sets I'm actually preordering cards. Problem is I've not preordered all at once so the shipping fees are going to kill me. lol
This space for rent.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Respuesta #61 en: Septiembre 08, 2016, 12:35:02 am »
For the first time in several sets I'm actually preordering cards. Problem is I've not preordered all at once so the shipping fees are going to kill me. lol

I know what you mean =S Chandra, Torch of Defiance is going up and up in price... As well as Aetherworks Marvel...

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Respuesta #62 en: Septiembre 08, 2016, 05:36:44 am »
Right guys, going to give Jabilac a break and post these spoilers for him.

So basically this is an instant board sweeper, (4) mana, with an additional cost. It is a bit too expensive unless you sacrificed an artefact to trigger another ability.

I like angels generally, but this? In my opinion, it beats Gisela, the Broken Blade. with Panharmonicon, it is a (5) mana with (2) fabricate, which is doubled so it is instead of a 2/1 - 4/3  potentially a 6/5 with vigilance, life link and flying with a +1/+1 static ability...

If you didn't want counters... well, you could just bounce it with Essence Flux, or Eldrazi Displacer to generate servo's tokens that get +1/+1 from her ability... use those tokens to transform Westvale Abbey...
« Última modificación: Septiembre 08, 2016, 05:40:35 am por Mnemosyne »

Ujihiro

• Visitante
« Respuesta #63 en: Septiembre 08, 2016, 06:21:44 am »
This set .... it's just ridonkulously good *drools*

ladof

• Decks
« Respuesta #64 en: Septiembre 08, 2016, 02:44:56 pm »
Mnemosyne, don't forget about Clues. They're artifacts you can create for basically no cost.

I understand why people are excited for this set, but I've never been a huge fan of artifacts, so this one isn't doing a whole lot for me, sadly.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Respuesta #65 en: Septiembre 08, 2016, 04:17:01 pm »
Thanks Mnemosyne for the Spoiler Posts last night :)

Got some new ones today:

Looks like we got the entire set of Thriving Animals.  All ETB with EE and you can spend EE to put a +1/+1 counter on them.  Nothing too exciting.

We also have a few Non-English Spoilers:

Cultivator's Caravan   3   Artifact - Vehicle   T: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool   Crew 3   5/5     Not terribly exciting but a 5/5 for 3cmc isn't bad either

Wild Dreams   XXG   Sorcery   Return X target cards from your graveyard to your hand.  Exile Wild Dreams     It can grab any card but at a 2mana for 1 card rate.  Not a great card but playable.  Probably worth it to return an ultimated Nissa, Vital Force the same turn you Ult her then +1 and laugh :)

These take us up to 90/264.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Respuesta #66 en: Septiembre 08, 2016, 05:37:15 pm »
Got a couple more Spoilers:

Aether Hub reminds me of Holdout Settlement or Unknown Shores.  Colorless mana for Eldrazi with the option of colored mana at a price

Lost Legacy is very Infinite Obliteration ish.  Remove a problem card from your opponents deck with the added downside of them drawing if you removed a card from their hand.

Kambal, Consul of Allocation this guy makes me wanna play BW.  He is a pretty hefty tax on non-creature spells and will be a problem for Izzet burn decks to deal with.  Maybe a new card for Modern Death and Taxes or maybe just the budget version??  That drain will take you outta burn range fast.

Edit - Misspellings

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Respuesta #67 en: Septiembre 08, 2016, 10:28:11 pm »
Mnemosyne, don't forget about Clues. They're artifacts you can create for basically no cost.

I understand why people are excited for this set, but I've never been a huge fan of artifacts, so this one isn't doing a whole lot for me, sadly.

YES! Clues there you go! Awesome, you could use that in combination with fleeting memories for mill!
What is it about artefacts that you don't find particularly interesting? I think these artefacts are slightly different from the Mirrodin Block because they are abusing Aether to create these artificial creations. I have a feeling aether revolt will be a lot like a robot revolution! Where the natural order is a bit like, screw you guys!

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Respuesta #68 en: Septiembre 08, 2016, 10:36:22 pm »
Got a couple more Spoilers:

Aether Hub reminds me of Holdout Settlement or Unknown Shores.  Colorless mana for Eldrazi with the option of colored mana at a price

Lost Legacy is very Infinite Obliteration ish.  Remove a problem card from your opponents deck with the added downside of them drawing if you removed a card from their hand.

Kambal, Consul of Allocation this guy makes me wanna play BW.  He is a pretty hefty tax on non-creature spells and will be a problem for Izzet burn decks to deal with.  Maybe a new card for Modern Death and Taxes or maybe just the budget version??  That drain will take you outta burn range fast.

Seriously... like Orzhov needs to get any more powerful? Kambal, Consul Allocation is insane, it gives people an incentive to play artefacts with the crew mechanic, that's why they've added it I reckon.
Lost Legacy is exactly like infinite obliteration... I was so happy when I knew that Origins was going out of Standard, damn haha.
Aether Hub did remind me of Unknown Shores, though, it's slightly better because you don't have to waste mana, instead you pay with energy.  :D

ladof

• Decks
« Respuesta #69 en: Septiembre 09, 2016, 02:09:43 am »

YES! Clues there you go! Awesome, you could use that in combination with fleeting memories for mill!
What is it about artefacts that you don't find particularly interesting? I think these artefacts are slightly different from the Mirrodin Block because they are abusing Aether to create these artificial creations. I have a feeling aether revolt will be a lot like a robot revolution! Where the natural order is a bit like, screw you guys!

Honestly, they're just glorified enchantments that I can never seem to fit into my deck. I've never been able to integrate them well. I know it's mostly me, but I don't really care for them.

Kimball looks like he could be a fun EDH or Tiny Leaders commander, though.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Respuesta #70 en: Septiembre 09, 2016, 02:59:38 am »
Panharmonicon with Silverfur
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Respuesta #71 en: Septiembre 09, 2016, 03:01:30 am »
The energy is going to be fun. Store it and use when needed
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Respuesta #72 en: Septiembre 09, 2016, 03:12:25 am »
Another spoiler for this evening/morning.

This is exciting, for so many reasons... (Look at the quote as well. Heralding Nico Bolas?)
« Última modificación: Septiembre 09, 2016, 03:15:16 am por Mnemosyne »

Jabilac

• Decks
« Respuesta #73 en: Septiembre 09, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »
New spoilers for today:

Got an interesting Black enchantment that gives you card Advantage at the cost of max cards in hand... Maybe another Harmless Offering target?

Acrobatic Maneuver is like Cloudshift/Momentary Blink/Turn to Mist lets you exile and return a creature for another ETB effect or save from removal.  This one cantrips.  I like Eerie Interlude better because of multiple ETB effects but this will be a great Limited Card.

Dubious Challenge is a unique effect.  Potentially cheat out a creature but your opponent will probably get the better end of the deal.

Cloudblazer feels like an upgraded Mulldrifter no Evoke option but Draw 2 on a flying 2/2 body added benefit of gaining some life.

Unlicensed Disintegration Typical BR spell Destroy Something and Deal damage. Kinda pricy but better then Murder

Smuggler's Copter 3/3 flyer for 2 that loots and has crew 1.  This might be one of the better vehicles so far.  T3 swinging with 3 in the air and looting.  I like this one.

Nickadimoose

• Decks
« Respuesta #74 en: Septiembre 09, 2016, 05:58:28 pm »
Midnight Oil is seriously begging for a Harmless Offering, that's the first thing that came to my mind after seeing it. That and cards that can make your opponent draw. Seems like this would fit into a mill style deck. Acrobatic Maneuver I am super thrilled to see! I love ETB effects and blink styled decks. This is going to be such a fun set to draft for prerelease!