deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Bant Turbofog - Comments  (Read 772 times)

Comment Bot

Bant Turbofog - Comments
« on: October 23, 2016, 05:01:43 pm »
This is the comment topic for Bant Turbofog.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Bant Turbofog.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

michaelmckinney

• Decks
Re: Bant Turbofog - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 05:01:45 pm »

shaymin

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 05:13:13 pm »
Try using Lumbering Falls on the main board

desudesudesu

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 09:57:38 pm »
Try using Lumbering Falls on the main board
The problem with Lumbering Falls is that I don't really want more blue, I go that much islands only because of Engulf the Shore.
But x1 Lumbering Falls adds nearly undestroyable wincondition (if someone AoE's it I can get it back with Seasons Past), so I'll add it.
I've just noticed that Prairie Stream is also an Island, tho. So definitely x4 it.

wolfi1230

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 10:13:05 am »
So what's your win condition? One lumbering falls and one 8/8 Octopus without hexproof?

desudesudesu

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 10:16:54 am »
So what's your win condition? One lumbering falls and one 8/8 Octopus without hexproof?
Since Seasons Past go to the bottom of the library, it's 8/8 octopus on empty board every turn.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:22:41 am by desudesudesu »

Discendo

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 12:54:00 pm »
Any plan for if you run into some hasty powerhouses after tapping out for the Crush of Tentacles? For example, your opponent uses Skywhaler's Shot to kill your octopus then runs out a Fleetwheel Cruiser and/or pumps some 3/1's from Chandra, Flamecaller.

desudesudesu

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 02:45:55 pm »
Any plan for if you run into some hasty powerhouses after tapping out for the Crush of Tentacles? For example, your opponent uses Skywhaler's Shot to kill your octopus then runs out a Fleetwheel Cruiser and/or pumps some 3/1's from Chandra, Flamecaller.
The plan is to fog every turn. Both Chandra, Flamecaller and Fleetwheel Cruiser are ruled out of the game if you can keep up throwing 1 fog per turn. To be able to do that, you draw cards. So that's why the whole deck is carddraw and fogs and some board clears that wins us a turn too.
Once you get your hand on Seasons Past again, you get:
2 mana spell: fog or 3-4 carddraw Take Inventory
3 mana spell: fog
4 mana spell: engulf the shore (in a way, also fog), dovin baan (lifegain and draw)
5 mana spell: possibly AoE
6 mana spell: Crush of Tentacles again.

So the math is: statistically, you will always have fog in hand every turn in lategame.

Now that leads to the question: How do we win? When it's only 2 cards in our library (both are Seasons Past, because they go there upon resolution), you can cast each turn:
Seasons (6 mana) -> Crush (5 mana) -> Dovin (4 mana) -> Fissure (5 mana awakening), attack. Their turn, 2-mana fog of your choise. 22 mana total, and you have 23 lands besides Evolving Wilds.
Repeat until you win.

Discendo

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 01:05:09 pm »
Well played, take my upvotes. A strong deck build that has made me rethink some of my sideboard to include non-combat damage.

savagepearl_21

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 07:22:10 am »
Have you tested it with Thing in the Ice?