deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: EDH Nekusar  (Read 362 times)

Cuadrado

• Decks
EDH Nekusar
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:33:58 pm »
Hi everyone!

I've been thinking for a while about starting in commander, and after working a bit, I have come up with this deck. It would be about making everybody draw cards while also draining them. I would love sombebody to review and rate the deck for me, since I am very new in the format. It would also be important for the deck to be relatively cheap, hence some cards decisions.
Anyways, hope you like it!
https://deckstats.net/decks/56956/599136-heard-you-like-drawing-cards

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: EDH Nekusar
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 06:42:10 pm »
I would recommend Tamiyo, the Moon Sage and Waste Not.  Tamiyo means, once her emblem is active, that not only do you have unlimited hand size, but you also get every spell that you cast back, in essence.  Makes Psychosis crawler very, very viscious with Jace's archivistNiv Mizzet, the Firemind and Chasm Skulker make use of your draws while Jace's Erasure and Sphinx's Tutelage punish your opponents any time you draw while lessoning the chance you will accidentally mill yourself.  Laboratory Maniac, on the other hand, BEGS you to eliminate your deck.  By the way, LOVE Nekusar for a Commander, one of my favorites.  Just be ready for massive hate once people realize just how painful he gets to be!

Cuadrado

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 06:50:20 pm »
I would recommend Tamiyo, the Moon Sage and Waste Not.  Tamiyo means, once her emblem is active, that not only do you have unlimited hand size, but you also get every spell that you cast back, in essence.  Makes Psychosis crawler very, very viscious with Jace's archivistNiv Mizzet, the Firemind and Chasm Skulker make use of your draws while Jace's Erasure and Sphinx's Tutelage punish your opponents any time you draw while lessoning the chance you will accidentally mill yourself.  Laboratory Maniac, on the other hand, BEGS you to eliminate your deck.  By the way, LOVE Nekusar for a Commander, one of my favorites.  Just be ready for massive hate once people realize just how painful he gets to be!
My greatest problem is that, when thinnking about modifying the decklist, I can't decide which cards to remove. What would be your suggestions? I could remove some of the Random cards, but I fear the deck to be too low on creatures.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 12:22:37 am »
Jhoira for Niv.  Gem of Becoming for Price of Knowledge (no hand size limit for all, opponents lose life equal to cards in their hand on their upkeep).  Low creature numbers are fine when you have a deck that doesn't rely on an army and kills everything consistently.

Cuadrado

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 08:27:35 am »
Price of knowledge is already in the deck. I liked Jhoira 'cause se can speed thingd up a bit, allowing me to leave some untapped lands, but I wold have no problem in removing her. I had also thought about removing cards like vision skeins, but I am not really sure about it.

zephod

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 01:48:57 pm »
I just took 'Mogis, God of Slaughter' out of my Nekusar deck as it didn't fit with the theme and displaced card draws.  One combo you aren't using is 'Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind' + 'Ophidian Eye' (Or Curiosity) which can allow you to machine gun down your opponents drawing most of your deck before then casting 'Windfall' or similar to devastating effect upon your opponents.