deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Beginning in Commander  (Leído 2265 veces)

Cuadrado

• Decks
Beginning in Commander
« en: Noviembre 16, 2016, 09:32:51 am »
Hi everyone!
So, I was thinking about starting playing Commander, and I was looking at the preconstructed decks. Right now I was considering either the Breya deck or the Mozzix deck. Which one would yo recommend? Any advice?
Thanks a lot!

Epic_Gamer36

• Don't call something bad unless you can do better.
  • Decks
Re: Beginning in Commander
« Respuesta #1 en: Noviembre 16, 2016, 01:36:31 pm »
As you are just starting, I suggest getting one of the two color 2014 decks or any of the decks from commander 2013. The four and one color decks have their own problems, like being too self limiting or being mana screwed of a certain color.
One bone broken for every twig snapped underfoot.
- Llanowar penalty for trespassing

Epic_Gamer36

• Don't call something bad unless you can do better.
  • Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Noviembre 17, 2016, 02:15:56 am »
Also as a followup to my last statement, check out my list of 3 color commanders at https://deckstats.net/decks/60442/610459-all-3-color-legendary-creature/en if you are interested in playing 3 color. The best way to choose a commander is either to select it from the colors it uses or what it can do for a deck, then build off of that.
One bone broken for every twig snapped underfoot.
- Llanowar penalty for trespassing

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Noviembre 17, 2016, 02:57:26 am »
I agree with Epic. The precon that I've found to be the best for people new to the format is the Maroth deck from 2013. It requires little upgrade to be competitive but even without upgrades it's a lot of fun to pilot.

The new four color decks for this year aren't very good as far as how they run and the amount of work needed to fix them. Big problems with mana base and lack of linear play.
This space for rent.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Noviembre 24, 2016, 06:03:24 pm »
Also keep in mind that the best commanders are not always the featured one.  For instance, I find Jeleva, Nephalia Scourge to be outshone by Nekusar, the Mindrazer and Thraximundar.  Nekusar is practically competitive with only a few changes, although Thrax takes some work to get rolling... He just loves sacrifices, which aren't the base deck's strength.

ep1cn00b

• Strive 2 be strange Refuse 2 be normal!
  • Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Noviembre 24, 2016, 10:44:40 pm »
I happen to have just recently started in Commander. I was unable to get a pre-con so I just built off of what I had. Currently I have Mina and Denn, Wildborn which is not bad because with it's ability you can play an extra mana each turn. That allows you to get mana out there sooner. It really just depends on the people you are playing with and how much they have put in to their commander decks. I am not a competitive player anyway so I do not have a problem with losing lol.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Noviembre 29, 2016, 02:48:49 am »
Am I missing something here? This thread keeps showing up in my "unread posts" section yet I'm not seeing any new posts???
This space for rent.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Noviembre 29, 2016, 06:40:45 pm »
Am I missing something here? This thread keeps showing up in my "unread posts" section yet I'm not seeing any new posts???

I've noticed the same. Possibly posts are being deleted before we come into the thread to read them?

As for the actual question of preconstructed Commander, I won't pretend to be an expert at commander, but the one preconstructed Commander deck I got was Mizzix, and I really like it. There's a lot of room for improvement in the deck, and the deck is capable of doing ludicrous things out of nowhere, all while leaving up countermagic mana. It really comes down to play style, but if you like Blue / Red and crazy spells, Mizzix is perfect.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Diciembre 01, 2016, 02:31:13 am »
You guys are basically right. Someone was so adamnant and determined that my post have this clearly showing .... (Score: -1).
So I wanted to see if the (Score: -1) is so important to physically see. I deleted my post knowing that the (Score: -1) couldn't
be changed in my Karma. Karma really isn't a big deal to me. Then I reposted and got the (Score: -1) again. Rince and repeat effect
that told you new posts were being made. Now this person has (Score: -1) in a few more posts of mine as well. I said Karma really isn't a big deal to me but I pay attention to numbers. I went from 99 Karma to 91. Go to my profile and then posts if you are so determined.
All because I answered the OP's question. Wich is odd that we haven't heard back from the OP. I do hope he enjoys the format of EDH because I know I sure do
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Respuesta #9 en: Diciembre 01, 2016, 03:11:04 am »
Karma- or at least negative karma- is almost always an issue on boards like this, I've actually taken it off of boards that I ran in the past to avoid those issues.
This space for rent.