deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: [Modern] Nature's Fury  (Leído 593 veces)

shadowultd

• Decks
[Modern] Nature's Fury
« en: Abril 05, 2014, 07:21:44 pm »
Nature's Fury

A deck I want to make, I'm unsure if it would work though. Updated 9/5/14
« Última modificación: Agosto 10, 2017, 01:01:46 am por shadowultd »

PJR76

• Decks
Re: [Casual] Nature's Fury
« Respuesta #1 en: Abril 05, 2014, 11:45:06 pm »
It may be sensible (depending on where you want to play this deck) to replace the Forgotten Ancient with something else.  This is the only card that is tipping your deck into the Vintage/Legacy category.  I see that you are splashing a little bit of deathtouch in your deck with the  Wasteland Viper.  Perhaps you could exchange the 2 Forgotten Ancient for 2 Deadly Recluse.  Deathtouch is a great delaying strategy to use in a deck (most opponents don't like to attack with deathtouch on the board).

I would be tempted to lose Gaea's Anthem and replace with Bladed Pinions.  Attaching Bladed Pinions them onto your deathtouch creatures would be far more effective and can dispose of threats quickly.  Far superior mechanic to use in my opinion over the +1/+1 granted from the expensive to cast Gaea's Anthem.

Might also be sensible to exchange out a few of your heavier casting cost creatures and make your deck slightly more aggro.  Having 6 creatures in the 6-8 CMC is pretty hefty; I know you have quite a lot of mana producing elfs etc for the early game play, but don't forget you're not going to want to use them to block any incoming attacks and by the time your reach turn 4 or 5, you could have taken a fair amount of damage.

Just some food for though.

Good luck with it.
« Última modificación: Abril 06, 2014, 12:03:32 am por PJR76 »

shadowultd

• Decks
Re: [Casual] Nature's Fury
« Respuesta #2 en: Abril 08, 2014, 05:35:51 pm »
It may be sensible (depending on where you want to play this deck) to replace the Forgotten Ancient with something else.  This is the only card that is tipping your deck into the Vintage/Legacy category.  I see that you are splashing a little bit of deathtouch in your deck with the  Wasteland Viper.  Perhaps you could exchange the 2 Forgotten Ancient for 2 Deadly Recluse.  Deathtouch is a great delaying strategy to use in a deck (most opponents don't like to attack with deathtouch on the board).

I would be tempted to lose Gaea's Anthem and replace with Bladed Pinions.  Attaching Bladed Pinions them onto your deathtouch creatures would be far more effective and can dispose of threats quickly.  Far superior mechanic to use in my opinion over the +1/+1 granted from the expensive to cast Gaea's Anthem.

Might also be sensible to exchange out a few of your heavier casting cost creatures and make your deck slightly more aggro.  Having 6 creatures in the 6-8 CMC is pretty hefty; I know you have quite a lot of mana producing elfs etc for the early game play, but don't forget you're not going to want to use them to block any incoming attacks and by the time your reach turn 4 or 5, you could have taken a fair amount of damage.

Just some food for though.

Good luck with it.

First of all thanks for the feedback. I'm still experimenting with green cards so I dunno what's what yet. I have no interest in playing this deck in tournaments so I'm not worried about the format. Most of the time I play 4 way game's with friends of mine so the likes of Forgotton Ancient become powerful quickly. I'm also after adding a doubling season to the deck to make several cards even more powerful:). I'm trying to keep the cost of the deck down so I've only added one for now though.

As for replacing Gaea's Anthem I might consider doing that at somepoint. I really only wanted this card to buff my early game a little. I kinda took a risk with the early game but I'm hoping it will pay off, only time will tell. Risk makes everything more interesting:p I've included some deathtouch and indestructible so I'm as least somewhat hard to attack early but what I've seen form the "starting Hand"  simulator It seems to work just fine,

I've updated this deck a few times since you last viewed it so I encourage you to take another look at it.
« Última modificación: Abril 08, 2014, 05:45:02 pm por shadowultd »

shadowultd

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Nature's Fury
« Respuesta #3 en: Julio 18, 2017, 07:19:46 pm »
I wanted to stabalise the midgame a little as well as giving at seast some form of recovery from boardwipe. Elvish Piper seems to do both as wel las feeding Esvish Archdruid.

Revision 50

Added/removed cards:
-1 Garruk, Primal Hunter
+2 Elvish Piper

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Primeval Bounty

Soren841

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Julio 18, 2017, 08:40:43 pm »
Elvish Piper will also be the main target for removal as long as it's in play
Nils is the God I worship

shadowultd

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Agosto 10, 2017, 12:59:50 am »
Doing a bit of re-balancing to the deck and giving it more answers to flying while I'm at it. It's also ended up with even stronger devotion as a result:D.

Revision 51

Added/removed cards:
+3 Arbor Colossus
+2 Hardened Scales
+2 (SB) Cloudthresher

Changed amounts:
-2 (Main) +2 (SB) Doubling Season
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Elvish Mystic
+1 Elvish Piper
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Garruk, Caller of Beasts
-2 (Main) +2 (SB) Kodama's Reach
+1 (SB) Sylvan Primordial
« Última modificación: Agosto 10, 2017, 01:02:07 am por shadowultd »

shadowultd

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Febrero 20, 2018, 01:19:16 am »
I wanted to remove Elvish Archdruid from this deck because he wasn't really doing much on his own. Also the sidebeard was just a random collection of cards so I cleared it for now since I don't use it anyway.

Revision 55

Added/removed cards:
-4 Elvish Archdruid
+3 Utopia Sprawl
-2 (SB) Cloudthresher
-2 (SB) Doubling Season
-1 (SB) Garruk, Caller of Beasts
-2 (SB) Harmonize
-2 (SB) Kodama's Reach
-1 (SB) Primeval Bounty
-4 (SB) Sylvan Primordial

Changed amounts: