deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: [Modern] Burn Baby Burn!  (Lida 1200 vezes)

DesolateVenom

• Decks
[Modern] Burn Baby Burn!
« em: Dezembro 15, 2016, 08:41:01 am »
Burn Baby Burn!

Kiln fiend is a must!  Only 2 creatures.  Kiln fiend gets +3/+0 automatically for every instant or sorcery used until EOT, that stacks with whoever buffs given to him including double strike and trample.  He's a one hit wonder to end the game quickly.  Monastery swiftspear also gains prowess buffs from all instants and sorceries. 
Sideboard introduces small amount of madness to the mix if that's your thing.
Death preys on the weak.  Stay strong my fellow Planeswalkers!

HerJus92

• Decks
Re: Burn Baby Burn! - Comments
« Responder #1 em: Dezembro 15, 2016, 02:22:33 pm »

Saleone

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Dezembro 15, 2016, 03:12:23 pm »
18 or 17 lands would work also. where is Expedite? you need some red card draws

DesolateVenom

• Decks
« Responder #3 em: Dezembro 15, 2016, 03:37:32 pm »
I considered Titans strength but brute strength won over that due to the trample effect.

DesolateVenom

• Decks
« Responder #4 em: Dezembro 15, 2016, 03:38:15 pm »
And you're right,  I could afford to cut a few lands,  possibly in exchange for some potential draw power. Thanks for the advice.

pinecone2k3

• Decks
« Responder #5 em: Dezembro 15, 2016, 04:37:48 pm »
With a current average casting cost of 1.5, if you find your hand emptying out pretty regularly, Dangerous Wager might be a good card draw option. If you're starting with an otherwise empty hand, it quickly turns into instant-speed draw 2 for 2. Just a thought.

AIRchrist

• Decks
« Responder #6 em: Dezembro 15, 2016, 10:39:12 pm »
You have far too few creatures and far too many irrelevant pump spells. You might want to consider Gitaxian probe, mutagenic growth, apostle's blessing, Goblin Guide, or even Hellspark Elemental. It just seems like a lot of suboptimal cards, but maybe this is a budget conscious decision. The current iteration is so weak to removal. A single Path or Terminate would likely wreck you.

DesolateVenom

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Burn Baby Burn!
« Responder #7 em: Dezembro 16, 2016, 03:38:16 am »
I appreciate your input,  but budget wasn't in mind.  An aggressive build was.  I personally use this deck and it has worked very well against many different play styles.  Control, ramp,  even other aggro.  This deck isn't meant to rely on creatures entirely. If I draw all instants,  then that's solid damage still being dealt.  You mention I have too many "irrelevant pump spells"  then suggested more I should use, interesting approach.  Again,  I appreciate your suggestions,  but I like the deck as is,  with the added suggestion of expedite from Saleone and Titan's strength from HerJus92.

DesolateVenom

• Decks
« Responder #8 em: Dezembro 16, 2016, 03:41:28 am »
Gitaxian probemutagenic growth,  and apostle's blessing are decent cards,  but I wasn't trying to copy a deck that has already been made card for card.  This deck was modeled after many other aggro ideals yes, but one of my design to focus on the buff spells and fast/hard burn for a quick end.

dachampoz1

• Decks
« Responder #9 em: Dezembro 16, 2016, 05:04:36 am »
Hellspark Elemental isn't great compared to spark elemental, 1 other than having one less mana to cost, they are pretty much the same. I don't know if spark is legal in modern though. pinecone2k3 is right about Dangerous Wager, the drawing is important.
anyway, this deck is great, but would get beaten pretty bad by a manafetch deck because of the trample ability.

AIRchrist

• Decks
« Responder #10 em: Dezembro 16, 2016, 05:36:15 am »
Okay, I look forward to seeing this beat all the "ramp" decks and top 8 a GP.

Not playing cards because lots of other decks run them isn't a great strategy. Don't you think that all these people might just be onto something? Your current build is perfectly fine for casual play, but I'm making suggestions to up the competitiveness of the deck.

Also, I suggested Hellspark Elemental as a budget addition, and it's undeniably better than spark elemental. Would you rather swing for a potential 24 damage or 12 with the same 4 cards?
« Última modificação: Dezembro 16, 2016, 05:39:09 am por AIRchrist »

DesolateVenom

• Decks
« Responder #11 em: Dezembro 16, 2016, 08:02:02 am »
It would be fun on its own to make it top 8, but of my many decks,  this one wouldn't be the one I took.  This is a casual build deck.  And sure Hellspark elemental is nice,  but it doesn't utilize the prowess engine behind this deck.  And for two mana,  kiln fiend stays on the field.  I've dealt 24 damage in one turn with this deck so waiting around turn after turn to bring Hellspark back for a quick three over and over just takes too long for what this deck is meant to do.  Have fun in the Top 8 bud!  Hope to see ya there!  ;)

Saleone

• Decks
« Responder #12 em: Dezembro 16, 2016, 03:39:49 pm »
4x Simian Spirit Guide? make your deck faster as fast ;) and you can play 15 mountains...just an impression

DesolateVenom

• Decks
« Responder #13 em: Dezembro 16, 2016, 08:00:42 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions Saleone.  Simian spirit guide would be a decent addition for emergency mana pool power.  And I have considered possibly 16 mana but feel shaky to go less.  If I can get at 3 mana on field,  that can be end game by that point with this build.

Jbomba53

• Decks
« Responder #14 em: Dezembro 17, 2016, 12:31:17 am »
This is a fun deck for casual, I agree.  However, it seems to both want to be a kiln fiend aggro deck and a burn deck simultaneously.  you run, in essence, 8 creatures, with a ton of pump.  what happens if you're drawing pump but can't get a creature to stick?  i also tend to try to avoid netdecking, re: your previous exchange, but apostle's blessing is great for what you're trying to do here, at the very least.  Also, for the sideboard, dragon's claw is a must!  that card has won me games!