deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What was wizards thinking releasing these broken cards? - Comments  (Read 1525 times)

Comment Bot

This is the comment topic for What was wizards thinking releasing these broken cards?.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für What was wizards thinking releasing these broken cards?.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Blusterbutts

• Decks
Re: What was wizards thinking releasing these broken cards? - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 12:14:52 pm »
Insanely undercosted beater AND a revolt trigger for 1? I'll take 50.

Garfieldklon

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 02:44:16 pm »
It's easy for disruption. One Fatal Push or one of that many Artifact hate and you have only some cute cards.

NormalAnomaly

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 12:49:44 am »
I thought of the animation module with metallic mimic on servo combo too in one of my decks a week ago and then someone replied that the servo comes into play with the +1/+1 counter on it already, so you are not placing the counter on it and hence you cannot activate animation module from metallic mimic's ability.  Something to think about, i'm no judge.
JW

Garfieldklon

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 02:15:29 pm »
That "someone" is wrong. First you get your 1/1 Servo, after that Token get from the mimic a +1/+1 Counter. Now you can repeat the process with the next 1 Mana, because the Animation Module triggered again.
and so on.....
Animation Module trigger everytime you get somewhre the +1/+1 Counter.

Even the Pro's in there Articles write about it. That Combo works pretty well  ;D

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 06:21:51 pm »
Your deck was selected as our DeckStats.net deck of the week this week! Congratulations! :)

Kaba

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 02:22:51 pm »
I don't understand how could this deck win.

matothias

• THUG LIFE
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 04:44:48 pm »
There are two infinite combos in the deck which are explained in the deck description.

Garfieldklon

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 12:58:25 pm »
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=417767

Abilities that trigger when counters are placed on a permanent trigger when a permanent enters the battlefield with counters and when a player puts counters on a permanent.

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/standard-brews-with-aether-revolt/
In the middle of this article , and nobody in the comments say that's wrong.

And here too: http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=13716&writer=Adam+Yurchick&articledate=1-5-2017

....with one exception!

Ryan Hill · Brampton
Just curious to see if i am wrong or not, as i know i have read cards wrong as i have been caught up in what i think it could do.

The card says "an additional +1/+1 counter" to me that means it has to already be coming into the battlefield with a counter on it. it does not say, they enter with "a" +1/+1 counter, which would not make it a lord.

am i wrong in this?
Like · Reply · Jan 5, 2017 6:15pm
Chad Piercy · Agent Aspirant at State Farm
Gramatically you're correct, but in MTG-ville there's no IF... THEN on the card. I think it's worded that way to show that they can stack with each other vs having 3 out is the same as having 1 out. I guess an additional counter on it is still an additional counter when it was going to enter with 0 to begin with.

I don't believe that the MTG Article Writers are that bad in the Magic rules  ;D . That Combo still works , but i can now unterstand your argument.

MATZEBOBBEL666

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 01:24:45 pm »
Did you still think about Walking Balista? With "endless" mana from the combo, you can deal "endless" damage to creatures / players by removing counters.

Hankj

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 04:10:45 am »
"It´s a big difference between "enters the battlefield with" and " placed/put Counter on....""

No... Entering the battlefield with a counter is the same as put a counter on it... Ask a judge before talking about stuff you dont know, that's what I did just when the card was spoiled to be sure this worked

Well, to prevent the infinite servo combo I would use Authority of the consuls and Declaration in Stone
You give me infinite life and I can just wipe all your servos
Wich should save me for at least that, and my next turn, the time I would have to win unless I (luckily) get another Declaration in stone or removal for your Paradox Engine

As for the Aetherflux combo...
Yeah, I dont know how I could save myself from that, as we both would get infinite health if I have Authority of the consuls, but YOUR infinite health will be more than MY infinite health

Yuto Kigai

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 03:57:17 pm »
@Hankj "Ask a judge before talking about stuff you dont know" thx for this stupid flowery Phrase and the downvote, here is mine. I was just a guy that discussing things.

Ovenmitt

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 08:39:38 pm »
Whats the point of the aetherwind basker in the deck. Seems like two pointless cards to me.