deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: New Mechanic Encyclopedia  (Letto 552 volte)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
New Mechanic Encyclopedia
« il: Gennaio 30, 2017, 09:27:20 pm »
So, whenever I'm bored (which is a lot) I tend to come up with random stuff like this: I made some new mechanics (that will never be used) but would be interesting if were made. I hope you like them, please feel free to comment and add your own!

Triggered abilities:

Affliction - When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, you may sacrifice it, if you do, all creatures get -4/-4, until end of turn.
(You could choose to use Affliction X - all creatures get -X/-X until end of turn)

Evasion - Whenever a spell or ability affects all creatures on the battlefield, this creature avoids those effects.

Immolate - Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a creature or player, you may deal X damage to each creature and each opponent, where X is half the number of +1/+1 counters on this creature, rounded up.

Spiritualise - When you cast {CREATURE NAME}, choose a creature you control, if that creature is white, have it gain +2/+2 and Hexproof. This effect lasts until either {CREATURE NAME}, or the chosen creature are moved to the graveyard.
Note - (The ability can be modified = +X/+X but the static must follow the colour wheel)

Transfuse- When this creature deals combat damage to a player, that player puts the top three cards of their library into the graveyard. Any instant or sorcery cards discarded this way can be cast by you as if it were any mana of any colour.

Territorial- If a creature entered the battlefield on an opponent's turn, on your turn if this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may search your library for a basic land, and put that card onto the battlefield tapped.

Activated abilities:

Automated Repairs - (At the beginning of your upkeep, if {CREATURE NAME} was dealt combat damage on the previous turn, you may pay {p/c} if you don't, put a -1/-1 counter on it.)
(You could choose to use Automated Repairs X - Pay X or {NAME} gets -X/-X counters)

Decomposition: (Sacrifice X creature tokens, then put X +1/+1 counters on this creature, where X is the number of creatures sacrificed this way.)

Enervation: (Whenever this creature does damage to a player, you may remove {e}{e} from that player and transfer that energy to you. If you can't, this creature gets a -1/-1 counter.)
(You could choose to use Enervation X - Transfer X energy or {CREATURE NAME} gets X -X/-X counters)

Spot Weakness {t}: (Select a creature target opponent controls. Whenever that creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature you control, it gets -1/-1 until the combat phase ends)
Note - (Only a single target may be active at any one time.)
(You could choose to use Spot Weakness X instead, {CREATURE} gets -X/-X when it attacks or blocks)

Static Abilities:

Dedication (As long as your dedication to {NAME} is less than six, {NAME} is not a creature.)
Note - (Dedication is equal to the number of non-token creatures you control)

Vitriolic (If a creature would not be destroyed by this creature's death touch ability, instead give that creature a -1/-1 counter.)
(You could choose to use Vitriolic X - {CREATURE} gets -X/-X counters)

Camouflage (This creature can only be blocked by {TYPE} creatures.)
« Ultima modifica: Gennaio 30, 2017, 09:30:22 pm da Mnemosyne »

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
Re: New Mechanic Encyclopedia
« Risposta #1 il: Gennaio 30, 2017, 10:42:12 pm »
I always thought a fun ability would be something like:

immovable as long as {condition}, this permanent is indestructible and cannot leave the battlefield.

I thought it would be fun for, say, a creature and "as long as this creature is blocking, it is indestructible and cannot leave the battlefield."

I've always liked the ability of a card to not be exiled or destroyed by any means, under certain circumstances. So perhaps "devotion less than/greater than" or "so long as this I the only nonland permanent you control"
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: New Mechanic Encyclopedia
« Risposta #2 il: Gennaio 31, 2017, 06:05:20 am »
Purify: for each player or permanent with tokens or counters on it, you may remove one of those counters or tokens from it.

Mill (x): target player puts the top x cards from their library to their graveyard. (Simplify text for mill decks).

Wrecker: ignores effects that grant indestructible.

Flagburner: when creature deals combat damage to a player, you may exile an emblem that player controls from the game.