deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Green Black Deck any advice is appreciated  (Read 321 times)

Stupickles

• Decks
Re: Green Black Deck any advice is appreciated
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 03:09:58 am »
A couple of things that helped me when I got into mtg: check out some tier 1-3 decks (pro tour winners, GP winners, brews from pros., etc.) It will help you get familiar with deck building strategy, i.e. Mana curve, synergy, interaction with opponent, win condition, all around having a plan that has power and consistency. There are a lot of good places online that have free content that will help you get better. I look at the channel fireball website almost everyday. You can find good stuff here as well. As far as your g/b goes, it does need some tuning, you might find it to be a bit clunky. However, I do really like winding constrictor decks, and looking at a couple g/b deck lists will give you a lot of info on how to tune this deck. Deckstats has a slight learning curve, try organizing your deck list by card type. It will help you and others be able to see your plan clearly. I hope all of this will help. Welcome to magic, it's the greatest game ever made. ;)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 04:02:55 am »
The best thing that helped me is actually playing so I could get better. Didn't mater how many articles I have read or how many videos I've watched until I continually played, then I've got better.

For starters though, you have a lot of 1 of's. Meaning if you are looking for or need a certain card then the percentages are low to get that card. Running 4 of wich is the max you can have gives you a much higher percent to get that card. You'll also want synergy in the deck.
For example lets look at 2 cards, Winding Constrictor and Foundry Inspector. Winding Constrictor wants to utilize "+1 +1 counters" and Foundry Inspector wants to utilize "artifacts". These 2 cards don't really senergize with each other. So now you have to figure out what you want the deck to do for synergy.

Any other questions, feel free to ask and I hope that helped
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

manuagg

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:34:34 pm »
Try to get 4 of or 3 of the cards you really want to play and focus on a single strategy, in this case counters, you already have some good cards for the deck, just have to cut the not so efficient cards of the deck and get play sets of the better cards. Here is an example of a similar deck I build a week or so ago, I like to play on a budget so there are some cards that can be upgraded, but it's to give you an idea https://deckstats.net/decks/10955/704914-budget-g-b-counters/es
This deck is focused on proliferating counters, +1/+1 counters and energy counters that I can use to get even more +1/+1 counters or card advantage

Skellon1313

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 11:23:42 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it and I will take it all into consideration.  I built this deck purely from packs I have opened which is why I have a lot of 1 of cards in the deck, but I can see from the suggestions and checking other decks I should probably buy some specific cards along the way.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 01:49:26 am »
Before you buy any singles...what direction do you want to take this deck?

The Constrictor deck is one option, but you've got some of the cards for an artifact deck too. Herald of Anguish, Battle at the Bridge, Metalwork Colossus...there's a deck there, if you want to build it.

Green probably isn't the best secondary colour for that deck, though.