deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] R/W Humans (Thoughts?)  (Read 167 times)

CaptainTeemo

• Decks
[Standard] R/W Humans (Thoughts?)
« on: April 23, 2017, 02:16:58 am »
R/W Humans

I'm not sure if this could be a thing nor what kind of sideboard to choose, but this is what I'm thinking.

RenegadeWolf655

• Does it have tokens? Good :)
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] R/W Humans (Thoughts?)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 03:21:30 am »
I think u are way to low on spells and to high on creatures...you don't have many ways of dealing with things your opponent does, it looks cool, but id suggest cutting quite a few creatures to even out your spells a bit more so u have more versatility. as it is, u better hope u get PERFECT draws so u can keep playing.

almost all decks need a Draw mechanic/Spell of some kind, maybe I'm overlooking something but I don't see one here? you need them to keep the temp up, and if ur doing for a deck where u want to put tons of pressure on them (agro) then you need to be drawing the cards so u can keep putting on that pressure. otherwise u will stall out if u cant get rid of them right away.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 07:09:42 am »
Unfortunately, you won't have a standard deck much longer.  Shadows of Innistrad and Eldritch Moon are about to drp out, so there are some humans that will have to trade out to keep it standard.  Bloodrush Inciter would help your crew attack the turn they hit the field.  Devoted Crop-Mate to bring them back from the graveyard. Gust Walker for flying.  Harsh Mentor would be fantastic with all of the creature abilities, and I think would trigger from Embalm.  Kari Zev, Skyship RaiderPathmaker Initiate to make other humans unblockable before you exert or pump them.  Trial of Solidarity and Cartouche of Solidarity to give your creatures vigilance to repeatedly exert each turn.  Start (if you splash black, you can activate the Finish aftermath, but Start still ties in well even without it).

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 07:40:13 am »
Unfortunately, you won't have a standard deck much longer.  Shadows of Innistrad and Eldritch Moon are about to drp out, so there are some humans that will have to trade out to keep it standard.  Bloodrush Inciter would help your crew attack the turn they hit the field.  Devoted Crop-Mate to bring them back from the graveyard. Gust Walker for flying.  Harsh Mentor would be fantastic with all of the creature abilities, and I think would trigger from Embalm.  Kari Zev, Skyship RaiderPathmaker Initiate to make other humans unblockable before you exert or pump them.  Trial of Solidarity and Cartouche of Solidarity to give your creatures vigilance to repeatedly exert each turn.  Start (if you splash black, you can activate the Finish aftermath, but Start still ties in well even without it).

You do know that SOI and BFZ blocks aren't rotating on Friday? Nothing rotates out with Amonkhet or it's second set. Both SOI and BFZ rotate when the next block comes out, though, so we'll lose four sets somewhere around October. Five months isn't a terribly short amount of time in standard.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/revisiting-standard-rotation-2016-10-19
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 09:12:01 pm »
My mistake.  Forgot about that change.  Still, there are many good RW human options.