deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: [Standard] Zombie, zombie, zombieieieie!  (Gelesen 993 mal)

PDDUZIT

• Decks
[Standard] Zombie, zombie, zombieieieie!
« am: Mai 01, 2017, 04:14:11 Nachmittag »
Zombie, zombie, zombieieieie!

Tribal bw zombies. Mix of aggro and control. Using just what I got. Probably get improvements as I get more cards.

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Zombie, zombie, zombieieieie!
« Antwort #1 am: Mai 01, 2017, 05:36:01 Nachmittag »
Have you considered any of the embalm cards?  Or Embalmer's Tools?

PDDUZIT

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Mai 01, 2017, 09:11:54 Nachmittag »
I have considered angel of sanctions. Using Lilians and cemetery recruitment lets me use creatures from my graveyard. Diregraf collosus gives me lots of zombies by only using zombies. I mostly feel I don't need embalm.

Bauglir

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: Mai 01, 2017, 10:11:15 Nachmittag »
Cannot understand why u dont use anointed procession, everytime u get a zombie token, u get 2 instead of it (combo with diregraf colossus, dark salvation and liliana's mastery. And also with binding mummy)

PDDUZIT

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: Mai 01, 2017, 10:22:50 Nachmittag »
If I had them I would run two anointed processions. I would take out a lilianas mastery and something else. Getting two lilianas seemed more important at the time. Once I get them I will update :)

Jbdurkee

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: Mai 01, 2017, 11:22:43 Nachmittag »
Anointed Procession is fun, but kinda gimmicky, though would be fun in the sideboard against heavy creature decks. If he's behind it wouldn't put him ahead against anything else.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Antwort #6 am: Mai 02, 2017, 08:59:24 Vormittag »
I am going to back up the recommendation on anointed procession. If I had any copies myself I'd be running it in my decks. Combo that with plague belcher and tattered mummy and you will be stealing all kinds of life from your opponent. This way all the zombie tokens you make will serve a dual purpose to their existence and not just be useless bodies aimlessly walking about so to speak.

Jbdurkee

• Decks
« Antwort #7 am: Mai 03, 2017, 09:36:19 Nachmittag »
Anointed Procession does nothing the turn it comes out, and it is a card you want to cast on curve. it depends on the wayward servant and diregraf colossus to do anything and those die to spot removal. It's a really similar card to panharmonicon, and that doesn't see standard play at all. Meanwhile your opponents are casting gearhulks and gideons and glorybringer, thanking you for the turn you gave them as they line up their now relevant sorcery speed boardwipes in a post cat-ban world.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Antwort #8 am: Mai 04, 2017, 05:03:29 Vormittag »
1. It does nothing the turn it comes out.
  This may be true but just because they play a 5 drop dragon doesn't mean the game is over. Besides it exerts to use the ability so that's a whole turn that their glorybringer is a sitting duck. Heck YOUR turn five you could give their dragon its final reward and it's out of your hair.

2. You want to cast on curve.
   Also keep in mind the deck build. Say you had pyramid of the pantheon on turn 1 and you were able to get it up to 3 brick counters by turn 4. That means turn 5 when you go to use it you'll have 8 mana available if you have not missed any land drops. So theoretically you could cast this card turns later and it will still be relevant when you start making creature tokens in mass or simply making embalmed creature zombies. Vizier of many faces and heart-piercer manticore would be dangerous when making multi copies of their tokens. Hint Hint, if you sac a 4 power creature for the manticore then their dragon is gone.

3. Wayward servant and diregraf colossus dependent.
  As stated in the previous point I just made, you don't have to have a mass token engine themed deck in order to get value out of the card. Since a lot of the creatures that have embalm are in other colors you have the ability to run various color decks and you'd always have a trick up your sleeve that no one would expect. I guess that's why this card may be better than you think, if no one THINKS that its a good card then there'll be more room for people to use it creatively and in an unseen manner.

Jbdurkee

• Decks
« Antwort #9 am: Mai 05, 2017, 08:53:49 Nachmittag »
Im not saying anointed procession is a bad card, but outside of a dedicated token deck, its not a good card. Also, final reward? in a world where grasp of darkness, fatal push  and unlicensed disintegration exist, that's not happening.
A mardu deck is coming at you turn 5 with enough damage to potentially finish you, and that deck only got better with Amonket. After that GB decks and GR decks are playing everything bigger and cheaper. Simply put, in this format, this deck can't afford to do nothing turn 4.
Pyramid of the Pantheon may accelerate you once it gets going, but you're tying up 3 mana over 3 turns to do so, and that's if you cast on curve. Otherwise you're dead or have already won. There are much better 1 drops for this.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Antwort #10 am: Mai 06, 2017, 10:08:55 Vormittag »
  Ok, but the difference between final reward and the other cards that you just mentioned is this....Final reward exiles any creature at instant speed. So there's no hope of getting that creature back. No supernatural stamina combat tricks, no embalm zombie tokens from your enemy, no self mill then bring back from the graveyard shenanigans. Now if there are cheaper cards such as magma spray that do the same thing for less that would be great but they have to be in the same color range.

However, aside from the anointed procession i do agree that this deck does not have that many early game plays besides the 1 and 2 drop creatures. Cards such as cast out, djeru's resolve, gideon's intervention, mighty leap and time to reflect would be good sideboard or even good mainboard cards for this deck. They will give viable turn 4 options. For black Pitiless Vizier, supernatural stamina, and even unburden would be good cards because of the combat tricks they can create and the advantages that they can produce.

Nils

• Decks
« Antwort #11 am: Mai 08, 2017, 06:28:00 Nachmittag »
Your deck was selected as our DeckStats.net deck of the week this week! Congratulations! :)

PDDUZIT

• Decks
« Antwort #12 am: Mai 09, 2017, 04:10:46 Vormittag »
Nice that's awesome! Thanks!

Jbdurkee

• Decks
« Antwort #13 am: Mai 12, 2017, 12:15:56 Vormittag »
Cast Out does the same thing as final reward and hits more targets and cycles, all for a mana less which makes its it 10 times less stupid. And flicker effects still apply as well as blossoming defense. Exiling at 5 mana in this format just isn't worth it, it's a dead card. Even at 3 mana most people won't play it unless it hits multiple targets (stasis snare and anguished unmaking vs complete disregard). And both of those cards have real costs (double white mana and life lose) that make them 3 ofs at most. 

PDDUZIT

• Decks
« Antwort #14 am: Mai 12, 2017, 04:54:57 Nachmittag »
I like anguished unmaking. It's a three drop and targets any nonland permanent. The loss of three life is not too bad. Cast out is good since it has flash and cycle. The only thing I don't like about cast out that the enchantment can be destroyed.