deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: How can i beat this deck?  (Letto 671 volte)

jjoseph357

• Decks
How can i beat this deck?
« il: Maggio 01, 2017, 03:19:42 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/84932/705232-poop-dank

I'm new  to Magic and my friend has a really strong B/W deck I cant beat. Even when me and someone else are double teaming him, he always seems to come out on top, any solutions?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: How can i beat this deck?
« Risposta #1 il: Maggio 01, 2017, 06:24:39 am »
  I see why this deck is so strong. There's a lot of human making and the demons simply utilize the human tokens that get made. Have you tried playing a more aggressive deck that does wide scale damage? Cards such as savage alliance can be effective against a token army as long as the creatures don't receive any power boosts. Spreading flames costs a lot but it's effective when you know who your targets are. Weaver of lightning can help clear out a field in no time as long as you keep the spell play going. Personally I'd recommend either a really aggressive deck or a U/R burn damage style deck build. They can't use all of those human tokens if you blow up the field first.

dokepa

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Maggio 01, 2017, 07:59:26 am »
Looking at what he has I myself would go in head first with some straight up black removal . If he is playing you with the same deck all you have to do is remember a few names and you can use cards like Infinite Obliteration , Lost Legacy , even thoughtseize  surgical extraction to weed out the main bunch of humans he uses . Mass board removal like Damnation and Languish to help control the board if it is getting out of hand . dark betrayal would be great for his big black creatures , fatal push , human fratality , doom blade , single card control .  Grafdigger's Cage would kill his gy work . Truth is , there are many ways to dismantle this deck , its how much money you want to spend or how bad you want to beat him  ;) .  Obviously you need creatures and other stuff in the deck too . Just maybe some ideas to get something going in your mind on what you want to do .

I ran a similar deck above and used rise from the tides for a win con . Id probably throw in some flying vampires with lifelink  like vampire nighthawk , gifted aetherborn , kalitas, Traitor of Ghet would go great in here also !

Hope this gets things rolling for you , and good luck !!
« Ultima modifica: Maggio 01, 2017, 08:07:44 am da dokepa »

Samuraijess

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Maggio 01, 2017, 02:14:41 pm »
If you wanted to boost defense on your side you could use the combinations of archangel of tithes, ghostly prison, and sphere of safety and load a few enchantment into your deck. They typically work best in commander where you can have lots of enchantments, but I like having a good defensive layer working with my offense.

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Maggio 04, 2017, 12:53:38 am »
Trespasser's Curse would work if you play black. At least, I did not see anything in that deck that would kill enchantments, but it was a quick look :)

Drop it early for 2 mana, each token costs your opponent 1 life, then you get 1 life. Works for graveyard recursion as well.
https://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
https://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
https://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Maggio 04, 2017, 05:06:14 am »
  Indeed, make them regret having a full field of creatures. Also if you play a card (could be a creature or an artifact) that is able to copy spells play blazing volley. This would annihilate a token army if you could apply the effect multiple times per turn.

entropize

• Decks
« Risposta #6 il: Maggio 15, 2017, 12:54:08 am »
Another set of cards that hurts an opponent for token summons would be suture priest and caltrops. Norn's annex, silent arbiter, and archangel of tithes would stop an opponent from attacking and makes their numbers meaningless. Another trick is to use creatures with trample such as werewolves. Most token decks use superior numbers to attack and block but with trample a 4/4 vs a 1/1 token will take a chuck out of your opponent's life. It depend on the color or colors of the deck you are using. If you use white, another set of cards that could annoy your opponent would be a life gain deck that uses things like congregate, auriok champion, and automatic wins when you reach a certain life total. The first two would raise you total by the number of creatures in play. This deck uses three different ideas to attack with graveyard cards, token generators, and +1,+1 counters which seems like one too many directions. With a deck focused on one idea you could easily win. My decks for example focus on at most one or two strategies.
« Ultima modifica: Maggio 16, 2017, 04:05:47 am da entropize »

NimrodPlanetE

• Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Maggio 15, 2017, 02:17:41 am »
Hiya

First: What are you playing? I mean which color, what kind of deck and so on, because as long as we don't know what you've got all our answers could be totally wrong for you ;D
Second: Analyzing that "unbeatable" deck I found out the following interesting things

A) Agent of Fates: Very useless in this deck, because there are only 3 spells that could trigger Heroic.
B) He uses Lingering Souls and Doomed Traveler, although these tokens don't contribute to the "Sacrifice-Humans"-mechanic but instead just give him 1/1-critters.
C) No protection at all against nothing.
D) No card draw and a little GY-mechanics.
E) Good creature choice executed badly: There are several creature's I'd cut for raising the amount of other creature's because 4x Unruly Mob and 4x Xathrid Necromancer are much better than 2x Agent of Fate and 3x Doomed Traveler, at least in this deck.
F) Nothing to ramp, he only has lands.

What we learn about that: Your friend is actually not that experienced in deck building and doesn't seem to play against strong opponents (often). His deck really reminds me of our first decks, loaded with the biggest baddest creatures and... Well, as soon as disruption / denial / counterspell went against us, all our decks failed miserably. Ok, he plays an awful lot of lands (25! that's 25% [5 lands] more than a normal deck needs) just to get his expensive critters out, but that also means that he draws slightly more mana (you don't win with lands in this deck) and is thus slower.

So, how to beat it if you're playing a mono-color-deck.

Blue: Bounce spells like Echoing Truth, Eye of Nowhere (spliced with other arcane spells and copied via Izzet Guildmage do a fine job) and Counterspells like Counterspell (Mana Drain is so broken here 8) ) or just something like these will stall him effectively. Blue has enough cards to steal his creatures like these cards here: https://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3Aenchant+t%3Aaura+o%3Acreature+o%3Acontrol+c%21u&v=card&s=cname Actually, this list features other good cards like Apathy although, yes, they are old but blue has these kinds of things. Use it. And play cantrips. He can't draw! So as long as you draw cards now and then (Counsel of the Soratami, Brainstorm, Ponder, Gitaxian Probe, whatever) you'll outplay him. Even better with a merfolk deck featuring those cards: Aquitect's Will, Lord of Atlantis and islandwalk => you'll outrun and sandbag him.

Red: (Stupid) Red Burn does everything, you just have to use the right cards! First, you need mass removal like Anger of the Gods (no GY-tricks), Boiling Earth or Pyroclasm. Second, you need spot removal for his biggies like Disintegrate or Shivan Meteor. Note: Cast Disintegrate with X=0 and then Shivan Meteor to suppress regeneration. Another good spot removal mechanic is tap-damage like Vulshok Sorcerer offers it, but a Plagued Rusalka or a Scorched Rusalka are also quite nice. Third and last, make sure that your spells (instants, sorceries) AND your creatures correspond in one way or another (Guttersnipe). Since you're playing red there's NO card draw (well, almost, but don't go for that). You could use something like Titan's Strength and Akroan Crusader, but that won't really solve the problem here alone.

Green: Hardcast your biggies (Deadly Recluse, Goliath Spider, Ancient Silverback) with Llanowar Elves and other Elves while enchanting your creatures (Blanchwood Armor), searching lands (Attune with Aether, Lay of the Land, Scouting Trek) and killing his biggies. Green specializes in killing flying creatures, so a lone vampire and some demons shouldn't pose a problem. Especially if you Overrun him with the Howl of the Night Pack or something like that. Remember: Hard cast ramp with Elves, this can happen in turn 4+ where he has NOT something similar hard online and your Elves (4+/4+ trampler) will give him something unpleasant to remember ;D

White: Well... I'm not that usual white player, but Wrath of God, Holy Day and Angel's Grace should protect you when you need it the most. White specializes in exiling / rendering useless with cards like Balance, Ghostly Prison, Moat, Faith's Fetters, Cast Out, Celestial Purge, Council's Judgment, Oblivion Ring and what not. Just use it! He can't undo ANYTHING of it because he plays NO protection at all. So just mess around with him and my good friend the Catapult Master. Soldier is still one of the most easy-going and finest tribals (of old). And if everything else fails: Just give yourself lifepoints like no one has ever seen before and play Celestial Convergence, Near-Death Experience or Test of Endurance.

Black: So, now, my favourite. From a suicide viewpoint his deck is quite easy. Just cripple him with Hymn to Tourach, Thoughtseize, Temporal Extortion, Damnation, Chainer's Edict, Death Cloud, Diabolic Edict, Geth's Verdict, Pox, the evergreen Pestilence and creatures like Gatekeeper of Malakir, Malakir Cullblade (no more sacrificing your lunch), Kalastria Highborn, Corrosive Mentor, Kulrath Knight, Midnight Banshee (no more tokens), Needlespecter (or other Specters), Necroskitter and what not. Plenty playground to hit him hard. You could even play Gnat Miser and Locust Miser just to troll his hand. Remember: He has no removal what so ever and just relies on pure strength.

So, anyway, his deck isn't that fast, it's not that good, it's quite weak against everything that meddles around (Meddling Mage, Pithing Needle, Blood Moon), is vulnerable to every disruption and as soon as you keep his creatures in check... You've won. Besides from his creatures his deck doesn't do anything and no, it doesn't do nothing (Null Rod), because it's all muscles and no brain.

A very funny way to kill this deck would be a Cephalid Breakfast, meaning this combo:
Cephalid Illusionist + Nomads en-Kor + Narcomoeba + Dread Return + Iona, Shield of Emeria + dragon-enchantments (Dragon Scales, exist for every color) which can go off in turn 2 (!) and seal his black cards forever. Remember: He plays no removal, so Iona in turn 2 with black-denial is absolute win.

Cheers.
« Ultima modifica: Maggio 15, 2017, 02:26:03 am da NimrodPlanetE »