deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Brainstorm ways to beat Ramunap Red  (Read 402 times)

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
Brainstorm ways to beat Ramunap Red
« on: July 31, 2017, 04:11:12 am »
This thread is meant to collect and test ideas for beating the New Top Deck after Pro Tour Hour of Devastation - Ramunap Red; remember, this is for standard format:

These are just some ideas (I hope you all will add more!) listed, by color:

White - Authority of the Consuls. Fumigate probably takes too long to cast? Lifelink creatures to keep up with damage and flyers to go over. Cast out for Hazzie.

Black - -1/-1 counters seem like it would be good against small red creatures in ramunap red,  and enough work against hazoret, i suppose. Gets around the 'cannot block' shenanigans of earthshaker kenra and ahn crop crasher. Other instant removal. Forced discard (RR only has earthshaker kenra that eternalizes, I believe). Hour of Glory

Green - Fight instants to avoid non blocking, fogs, appetite if harvester ends up being popular?. This seems like a weak color match. What is green's anti-hazoret card?

Blue - maybe milling, definitely flying, and draw to keep up? Instants (unsummon, dispel) and enchantments (unquenchable thirst) vs hazoret?

Hazoret seemed to be a key to this deck's victories this past weekend, and the price spike says we will be seeing it a lot in standard; I bolded Hazoret answers above.

This is by no means meant to be an exhaustive list. Rather I would love more input from others. For those of you not entirely turned off by ramunap red's presumed top deck status, how are you planning on facing it down? For those of you who are turned off, please share your insights as well.

https://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
https://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
https://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

Shockugood

• Decks
Re: Brainstorm ways to beat Ramunap Red
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 03:24:55 pm »
Excellent post, friend.

In green, bonds of mortality combo'd with ambuscade or similar fight instant could deal with Hazoret, but that rotates out soon so more a temporary solution.

lysdexicnick

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 04:08:36 pm »
There's always sweltering suns for the small creatures. beating hazoret with red is hard, but there are ways to combat; hazoret's favor/fling +kari zev's expertise/hijack.

lysdexicnick

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 04:12:25 pm »
For white, Angelic purge can be used quickly with servos/clues to get rid of hazoret.

VayChow

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 04:25:58 pm »
Here's my share of thought on some cards that does well agaisnt ramunap red.

By color.
White - Thalia, Heretic Cathar a well forgotten cards but I predict a return to standard scene very soon. Prepare // Fight , another card that allows lifelinks and untapping your creature for defense. Start // Finish,  avoid exert abilities from ramnunap red creatures while able to take out 2 toughness 1 creature in a single cast.

Black - Lifelink, Gifted Aetherborn. Harsh Scrutiny, easy hit on ramunap red.

Red - Blazing volley and Savage alliance.

Green - Anti-Hazoret Card? Can't think of any. But green seems to be easy on creating tokens. I will choose Blisterpod here. As a 1 drop to go toe-to-to with any red 1 drop and as a blocker agaisnt hazoret.

Blue - Consign // Oblivion able to hit hazoret and chandra quite hard. Sometimes, able to discard these two in a single turn.

To turn off ramunap red completely, just go Green-White decks with a lot of lifelink to counter swing ramunap red.