deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: HELPPPP  (Read 383 times)

npg21223

• Decks
HELPPPP
« on: September 28, 2017, 07:47:13 pm »
LOOKING FOR YOUR OPINION/SUGGESTIONS

[deck="Second Wind"]
//Lands
5 Forest
1 Hashep Oasis
2 Inspiring Vantage
6 Plains
2 Ramunap Ruins
2 Shefet Dunes
4 Tranquil Expanse

//Spells
1 Abrade
1 Act of Heroism
4 Djeru's Renunciation
1 Djeru's Resolve
3 Haze of Pollen
2 Oketra's Last Mercy
1 Overwhelming Splendor
3 Synchronized Strike

//Creatures
3 Ahn-Crop Champion
1 Angel of Condemnation
4 Devoted Crop-Mate
1 Glory-Bound Initiate
2 Honored Crop-Captain
3 Hooded Brawler
1 Hope Tender
4 Naga Vitalist
2 Oashra Cultivator
1 Prowling Serpopard
1 Ramunap Hydra
1 Resolute Survivors
2 Samut, Voice of Dissent
1 Vizier of the True
[/deck]

npg21223

• Decks
Re: HELPPPP
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 07:48:21 pm »

Ominus12

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 08:05:53 pm »
well lets cut a color and then go from there. get used to playing 2 color decks before you start trying to go 3 color they are easier to manage and you will rarely find yourself with out the correct colors. as a general rune of thumb you want as many 3 and 4 of's as possible to increase the chances that you see your best cards. as for what you need in the deck that would all depend on what color you wanted to be in 3 color decks are inconstant just by their mana base.

mattador_actual

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 09:01:07 pm »
In addition to what Ominus12 said, you need to figure out what you want the deck to do.  Do you want to ramp into fatties?  Go wide?  Grind with value creatures?  Then, choose the best creatures and spells to make that happen.  Run 4 of each.  The deck will play a lot more consistently game to game.  When you understand how the deck plays, you can start upgrading and tuning it.

Blacksheep436

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 09:32:44 pm »
You've named your deck Second Wind. What was your thought process about it when you did that? Perhaps you already have a good idea of a deck concept in mind.

npg21223

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 06:44:29 pm »
My basic idea was to utilize the extert mechanic and manipulate that with untap spells ( hence Second Wind)and tapping opponents creatures. so the path of least resistance. The problem is these are the cards i own. i would definitely want to include more 3 ofs and 4 ofs but i just dont have the copies.

npg21223

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 07:18:05 pm »
Made some small changes, added a 4 of fan bearers to freeze opponents defense, added 2 mirage mirror because it can mimic other cards in play, got rid of some more 1 ofs

Ominus12

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 07:55:10 pm »
so if you add the fan bearer and mirage mirror you are going to want to go upon lands to 25-26 the reason for this is that you are going to be spending a lot of mana every turn to tap down the opponents team and using mirror so you are going to need additional lands in order to use these effects and play additional spells every turn. also if you want to play that type of game i would look into Edifice of Authority as a lock down piece since it can also shut down blockers for when you are ready to win the game also it would work well with fumigate since it is a lock piece that would not be destroyed. This way you can clear the early board and then just control what ever big stuff your opponent plays.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 09:32:15 pm »
A shame always watching rotated out, but here is one I designed along those lines.

Display deck statistics

A lot of one and two ofs, mostly to enable exert to do different effects, but I have playtested it out and it works.  It has enough consistency with full sets of key cards (Ahn Crop Champion is essential.  Two attacking together untaps everything.)