deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Favorable Drakes  (Read 480 times)

J_Herg

• Decks
[Standard] Favorable Drakes
« on: October 03, 2017, 10:39:06 pm »
Favorable Drakes

Use Drake Haven and Favorable Winds to create an army of 3/3 flying drakes.  Use Scarab God late game to bring back the creatures which we cycled in the early game to close.  Archfiend is busted in this deck if your opponent is playing creatures.

Mangoose

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Favorable Drakes
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 01:07:52 pm »
Maybe play an abandoned sarcophagus? Not sure if you want to add the graveyard into the deck, but it seems like a solid addition

roamingjaguar

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 01:22:11 pm »
Maybe Nimble Obstructionist? It's a cycling flier, and I feel there needs to be more fliers to get the most out of favorable winds. Maybe one more drake haven for consistency?

J_Herg

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 03:53:47 pm »
I thought about Nimble Obstructionist, but decided against it, as I'm trying to have as many one-mana cyclers as possible to get to both Favorable Winds and Drake Haven, and then have as much mana as possible to create the drakes.  Maybe sideboard for Nimble?

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 06:05:04 pm »
If your goal is flyers, then play curator of mysteries over one of your common one Mana cyclers.

J_Herg

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 07:46:23 pm »
Curator is already a 4-of in the deck.

Blacksheep436

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 08:53:04 am »
Most stuff seems to be pretty expensive and I don't see much removal. How will you handle early game?

Also, if card draw becomes an issue, there is a blue cyclable card from amonkhet I could recommend. Either you cycle it for 1 mana or draw 2 cards for 4 mana. Hence, it's a useful card both early- and lategame.

J_Herg

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 03:41:30 pm »