deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Pumped Up Kicks (R/B Deathtouch) - Comments  (Lu 224 fois)

Comment Bot

• Invité
Pumped Up Kicks (R/B Deathtouch) - Comments
« le: Octobre 12, 2017, 02:09:51 am »
Pumped Up Kicks (R/B Deathtouch)

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

eldawe

• I enjoy brewing decks and playing Magic
  • Decks
Re: Pumped Up Kicks (R/B Deathtouch) - Comments
« Réponse #1 le: Octobre 12, 2017, 02:09:54 am »
I really like the concept here, playing mind games with the opponent. Deathtouch makes it really awkward for them to block but at the same time they need to keep an eye on their life total and watch out for pump spells.

I do have a couple of thoughts for improvement.
Consuming Fervor seems to be against the gameplan of sneak through and pump up. I feel another instant pump spell with trample such as Brute Strength would work better here. Trample works great with deathtouch as you only have to assign 1 damage to each defender and the rest can go through to the player.

Your back up plan is finishing off the opponent with red burn spells so I feel Lightning Strike would be better over Abrade. You can always sideoard Abrade in if you need some artifact removal.

I think Evolving Wilds is not necessary here, you already have 8 dual lands and the entering tapped is a real downside.
Also on land, 20 feels a bit low with no land fetching/cycling in the deck. Insult // Injury is great as a finisher but can quite often be a dead card in hand. Consider dropping this to 2 and adding 2 lands.

lachstar

• Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Octobre 12, 2017, 02:20:20 am »
Great comments man I hadnt even developed the sideboard yet. What about pump spells like Swashbuckling and also Mark of the Vampire? Aura spells that can give them useful attributes like lifelink

eldawe

• I enjoy brewing decks and playing Magic
  • Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Octobre 13, 2017, 01:16:15 am »
I really like the way how deathtouch works with trample and I think it is worth utilising this mechanic to get extra damage through. Also the issue with enchantment pump spells is your opponent can see it coming. For example, if they see a 3/3 Aether Poisoner they are more likely to block with one of their larger creatures even if they will lose it. But if they see a 1/1 deathtouch attacking they are in an awkward position. Do they block, losing their defender in what will most likely a bad trade, or do they just let it through for 1 damage. And then later in the game when their life is getting low, they may want to block it anyway and then you can choose, to take the good trade, or hit it with a trample buff spell. They still lose their defender and all but one of the trample damage goes through. I think the whole thing will make this deck really awkward to play against.

But having said that, Lifelink can really help you stay alive against more aggro decks. But in this regards I prefer Cartouche of Ambition as it comes down a turn earlier and can usually take out an opponents creature as well.

Nephi66

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Octobre 13, 2017, 05:23:32 pm »
Nasty deck! I like the concept.
I agree you should reduced the number of Insult // Injury and sideboard Abrade. Also 4 cut // ribbons is too much as well. It's a good removal and also a great way of deal damage later in the game to finish your opponent. But all your creatures are removal by themselves except against indestructible creature (I think Hazoret and other god creature) which also won't be affected. You need a gameplan against them.
Also deathtouch will be of no use against deck that do not run much creature and I wonder how your deck will do against counterspell.

I like the use of consuming fervor which can lead to big damage either early in the game or by making Dire Fleet Ravager a deadly 7/7 which means that he will be impervious to most of the removal in standard. In addition, if you add some fling and/or cut the ennemy can go from full life to 0 in 2 turns.  I believe some haste options could increase the speed of your deck.

Rampaging ferocidon could be a nice option in the sideboard against players heavy on the lifegain but as Cut // Ribbons , it interferes with the lifelink gameplan

Other cards to consider:
Fling could add some nice tricks to your game : finish your opponent by sacrificing a pump creature, or as defense by flinging one of your creature before the opponent remove it, or even to deal some additional damage by sacrificing one of your creature that will die by removal or blocked damage.
Crash through
Claim // Fame
Rush of vitality
Rile
Built to smash
Cartouche of zeal :  I think this card should be considered because it give a small boost and  haste and make them loose a block
Anh-crop Crasher
Some strong creature removal like never // return or fatal push or stronger exile card could be the key that avoid the control deck to stabilize and regain control after turn 5+. At least I believe you should include some in your sideboard. If not I believe the fight against Ramunap/hazoret might be difficult.
Kari zev's Expertise : this is another option against Hazoret like cards and you can still cast a buf for free.
Maybe on or two Hazoret or Bontu the glorified. I know it kills the original spirit of the all but deathtouch deck, but in the sideboard could help against some difficult matchups ?.

Nils

• Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Octobre 18, 2017, 05:17:38 pm »
Your deck was selected as our DeckStats.net deck of the week this week! Congratulations! :)

lachstar

• Decks
« Réponse #6 le: Octobre 19, 2017, 12:55:17 pm »
Excellent suggestions Nephi666 I will playtest and see if i can add some of them in.