deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: [EDH / Commander] Progenitous likes to be alone  (Lu 220 fois)

JR_mk

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Progenitous likes to be alone
« le: Novembre 11, 2017, 06:10:48 pm »
Progenitous likes to be alone

this is only for fun but if you can think of a way to make it more consistent please let me know.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Progenitous likes to be alone
« Réponse #1 le: Novembre 11, 2017, 06:36:57 pm »
The way I see it, the strategy of this deck is to use board wipes to eliminate your opponent's threats, and eventually play Progenitus to win the game.

Now even though Progenitus has protection from everything, he is still vulnerable. Protection from everything means that he cannot be damaged, enchanted, blocked, or targeted by anything. But board wipes don't target, so they will affect him as well. This is important to keep in mind.

Now, for ways to make the deck better, there is a lot that can be done. First, we can fix the land base. 51 lands is too many (40 seems like a good number for this deck). Replace some of those lands with mana ramp. Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Expedition Map, Felwar Stone, Gilded lotus, and Lotus Blossom. The rest of the lands need to be able to tap for any color of mana. Mirrodin's Core, Mana Confluence, Gemstone Mine, all make great choices.

There are also some cards that I'm having trouble understanding why they are in the deck (Proteus staff, Academy Ruins, Leyline of Anticipation, Boseiju, and Firemind's Foresight, to name a few). Try to focus the strategy of this deck, and ask yourself why these cards should, or should not, be in the deck.

Soren841

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Progenitous likes to be alone
« Réponse #2 le: Novembre 11, 2017, 07:18:40 pm »
Land ramp seems better, explosive vegetation, cultivate, three visits, etc. And chromatic lantern
Nils is the God I worship