deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] grixis colossus  (Read 247 times)

angleofthought

• Decks
[Standard] grixis colossus
« on: November 23, 2017, 01:44:38 pm »
grixis colossus

draw and fling colossus for the win

angleofthought

• Decks
Re: [Standard] grixis colossus
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 01:46:36 pm »
i'm working on 2 colossus builds so i'd appreciate criticism and analysis on both

Nephi66

• Decks
Re: [Standard] grixis colossus
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 02:34:31 pm »
You're right that 4 colossus is too much. 2 or 3 should be good.
I don't think the manticore is a good idea here. You'd better use fling to sac colossus and have more ravenous intruder(I would play 4 of them in this deck) and padeem instead.
Key to the city: should be 4 of as well. It is a key card for the win.
Instead of Metalspinner's Puzzleknot you should use implement of examination: overall it cost less mana without the life lost drawback.
All those cards can help you get colossus:
Reason // believe
Strategic planning
Lifecrafter's Bestiary
Glassblower's Puzzleknot

However, if you intend to cast colossus by using mana, maybe your best bet is 4* Inventor's fair. Then you do not need to put in your deck so much cards to search for colossus. This option also helps for a 2 colossus build as inventor's fair kind of garantee you to get it.
More spire industry won't hurt : you only need to pay life when needed but at least you are sure to get the mana color you want.
A deck like this can not go out without some underhand design: it will put some pressure on your opponent, get you some life back and it's a additionnal creature removal.

another lead to explore is refurbish for some graveyard mimic to cast colossus.

Other artifacts/cards to consider:
- foundry inspector
- Chief of the foundry
- Contraband kingpin
- pia's revolution
- Saheeli Rai: attack with 2 colossus ?

Edit: the sideboard looks fine and covers a wide range of threat for the different matchups. I believe efficient construction should be mainboard. it's perfect in this deck to get you flying blocker for free or artifact to sacrifice to ravenous intruder

Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 04:34:26 pm by Nephi66 »