deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Green Budget Aggression  (Read 329 times)

Fingerhut

• Decks
[Standard] Green Budget Aggression
« on: November 26, 2017, 06:52:07 pm »
Green Budget Aggression

My first deck. Would like any input. I tried to assemble a Budget Standard Mono Green sort of aggro/tempo deck. So I went through every green card and artefact in the Standard block and put some of them together that seemed good.

In the deck are a lot of low cost creatures that can transcend to later stages of the game but also do fair amounts of damage in the early game.
Lots of Instant casts for every situation mostly for buffing the damage and for applying hexproof and to avoid combat damage against aggro and big creatures.
Pounce is for getting rid of nasty creatures and in combination with the Bitterblade Warrior against some especially nasty creatures.
All in all early game good creatures, transcending possibility in the mid- to lategame and spells to buff and protect. Since green doesn't have removals/counters. That's also the reason for some Trample effects. Thought if you can't kill everything that is in your way you just trample over it for at least dealing some damage.

As for lands I went for some nice sounding deserts with more pressure capability and to use the sideboard card Scavanger Grounds and to complement the Hydra.
I just don't know what to get rid of for having 60 cards. :)

The sideboard is build against other aggro decks with Haze Pollen and perhaps Take Down (also against combo/token) and mostly against control and combo decks with exiling graveyards, recovering from board whipes and against countering.

Since this is my first real deck, I would love every input. Don't forget that this is an attempt to build a mono green aggro/tempo  budget deck.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:59:16 pm by Fingerhut »

carraxis

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Green Budget Aggression
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:12:03 pm »
Take one Forest, 2 blinding fog's and 1 Crash. I think you don't need 24 lands. You should bring the artifacts that makes you draw card for one green mana any time you cast a green creature.

I liked it. Cheers

Rishaal

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 07:58:52 pm »
Not bad.
I would take some spells out for some more creatures tho. Just to make sure you get those creatures when you hit your mana curve.

Fingerhut

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 12:50:54 pm »
Would it be of any use if I take out the 4 Blossoming Defense , 2 Blinding Fog, a Forest and 1 Pounce to include 4 Heroic Intervention ? Thought of Blossoming Defense mostly defensive for the hexproof, the +2/+2 are just a nice bonus. And Heroic Intervention serves nearly the same purpose but also would protect everything else. Except Exile-effects.