deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Gods Tribal - Comments  (Read 213 times)

Comment Bot

Gods Tribal - Comments
« on: November 28, 2017, 07:32:06 pm »
Gods Tribal

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

rb6freak

• Decks
Re: Gods Tribal - Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 07:32:11 pm »
Really interesting in trying this or similar version of this deck deck. How has it worked out for you so far, have you tried it against meta decks?

Clodius8

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 01:54:20 am »
It definitely impressed at FNM. Had a good number of people wanting to watch after I name gods on the first pillar I play. Strong matchup against energy as they run so few exile spells and you can protect from hostage takers. Mono red is brutal so I've tried using cultivator's caravans as the likes of bontu can crew them in the early game for survival.  Board wipes and settle can help on that front too. Control is hard as they can so easily counter your gods so serpopard is very vital for that matchup and tyrant adds nicely if they run counters plus removal.

I built this deck because my FNM is energy heavy at the moment (so much so that I've played against energy wvery game a couple of times). If you have a lot of agro and control players at your store you wont have fun, but blossoming defense when they cast a hostage taker or seeing them hold a harnessed lightning all game with no viable target is pretty satisfying.

rb6freak

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 10:03:58 am »
Nice, thanks for the info! I just built a similar themed deck based off of this and the first deck I practiced against was mono red agro. I found that weakness really quickly and made some changes already, namely the inclusion of full playset of Sacred Cat and two Abrade.  Still working on it so I don't die on turn 5 first game without sideboard lol! I'm short a few cards so I'm using proxies at the moment, once I get the cards in the mail I'm taking this to my FNM next week for sure. I love using non meta decks in standard.

Clodius8

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 11:46:57 am »
One other thing, I only use one scarab god as that is all I have, but it is a great performer and is easily worth a second. If you have to discard a god or it gets countered for instance, you can get it back as a 4/4 (which is especially good with an oketra with her double strike). Moreover, you grab their cards after you kill them. I only use 3 scorpion gods because it is so cheap to buy. Scorpion isn't terrible, it's ability is pretty good and is great card draw if they play a lot of one toughness cards (mono-red, tokens; especially good for taking out metallic mimics and adanto's vanguard and making a hazoret less of a problem). But scarab is stronger so if you have a second scarab god definitely use it.