deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Standard Merfolk - Comments  (Lu 2261 fois)

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Standard Merfolk - Comments
« Réponse #30 le: Janvier 05, 2018, 08:04:01 pm »
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Réponse #31 le: Janvier 05, 2018, 08:05:08 pm »
Path of Discovery seems like it could be sweet

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Réponse #32 le: Janvier 05, 2018, 09:10:41 pm »
See, at that point we’re getting off the Aggro plan, and UG just doesn’t have the removal to play an even slightly midrange-y game.  I suppose we could splash a little black for removal, but that seems way too hard :-:

Soren841

• Decks
« Réponse #33 le: Janvier 05, 2018, 09:57:48 pm »
Just spitballing.. I've got like 4 or 5 modified versions of your deck just to see lol

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Réponse #34 le: Janvier 05, 2018, 10:38:55 pm »
Yeah, I have a feeling there will be 3 different iterations of this deck, it’s just a mattaer if seeing which one is optimal.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Réponse #35 le: Janvier 06, 2018, 08:14:24 am »
Well if you think about it like this, out of all the creature types in this block the merfolk are the closest group that works along a control type of play-style. I've played literally all the creature types during the pre-release (I had enough cards for each type of deck). Merfolk felt more control, vampires and pirates more mid-ranged, and dinosaurs aggro of course. I think that if you want the go-wide strategy then you actually will need some sort of interaction with the other player. Having a strong, fast, well constructed deck is important but playing WITH the other person is just as important as playing against them.
   Using blue is the best way to outmaneuver, outclass, and outplay your opponent. Green is the best color for both growth and strength. If you want an army for your merfolks then I will strongly encourage you making the deck mid-ranged. Strong enough so that you can be aggressive towards your enemy, but crafty enough that you can still shape the flow of battle. If you had more ways to manipulate the opponent's resources then I think that this deck could also be a potentially stronger build.

Nils

• Decks
« Réponse #36 le: Janvier 08, 2018, 08:12:21 pm »
Your deck was selected as our DeckStats.net deck of the week this week! Congratulations! :)

Gottfried

• Decks
« Réponse #37 le: Janvier 08, 2018, 08:17:36 pm »
20 2-drops simply can't work. Otherwise it's nice deck.

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Réponse #38 le: Janvier 09, 2018, 06:58:03 am »
Aw, thanks Nils :)  Now I feel special.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Réponse #39 le: Janvier 09, 2018, 08:38:01 am »
If you go on mythic spoiler it'll show you the entire set that is coming out. Do you see anything new that you would consider adding to this deck? Possibly the tempo spells you need or maybe some new merfolk that you can get some good use out of?

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Réponse #40 le: Janvier 09, 2018, 06:01:33 pm »
Um, yeah, I’d say I definitely added new merfolk?  More than half my deck is Rivals I’m pretty sure 0.0

G. Moto

• Decks
« Réponse #41 le: Janvier 09, 2018, 06:46:09 pm »
Maybe I should have phrased that differently, are there currently any merfolk not in this deck from the new set that you haven't considered using yet? (I think this way is more clear, my bad on the misunderstanding).

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Réponse #42 le: Janvier 09, 2018, 07:38:47 pm »
Um, I’ve considered the unblockable 1 drop, I think t could be decent but the other cardsnim running are either powerful enough or provide enough interaction that I don’t think I run it. Otherwise, I’d tossed around swift warden but concluded that without vial and with the kinda meh removal in standard ( Except against Ramunap where like half their cards kill my stuff) it’s jsut not worth.  Climb seems to lack a solid target to put it on, as well as seeming slower than just going wide.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Réponse #43 le: Janvier 10, 2018, 01:22:10 am »
Have you considered adding the jade guardian? It's a merfolk that already has hexproof built into its abilities and it boosts another merfolk when it comes on board. Something to consider seeing how low costed it is.

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Réponse #44 le: Janvier 10, 2018, 01:47:05 am »
I mean, 4 mana for a 2/2, even with hexproof and a token, is not where I want to be in this format I don't think.  If it slows down significantly to the point where I can draw cards with Kumena and pump up jade guardian then I could see maybe playing it in a climb shell, but currently I don't see that being stronger than just being aggressive with a bit of bounce.