deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Meren Infect - Comments  (Read 75 times)

Comment Bot

Meren Infect - Comments
« on: February 15, 2018, 02:05:47 am »
Meren Infect

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Meren Infect - Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 02:05:52 am »
Only 9 lands!  Once you add in another 26 or so, you'll need to cut over 80 cards.  That's enough for a second whole deck.

Start by cutting the expensive cards that you don't already own.  Nobody knows which those are except you.

Then look for cards where you have way too much duplication.  For instance, how many "no maximum hand size" effects do you really need?  If you use Reliquary Tower you have that effect on a land.

When you have almost 100 extra cards, either you have too much duplication of effects, or your deck isn't focused enough.  (Typically a little bit of both.)  So you also want to narrow the focus a bit.  Do you want to primarily poison your opponents?  Or are you trying to clear the board via -1/-1's so that you can swing in clear with your creatures?  Or are you trying to accomplish something else?  When you have this many extras, pick just the cards that help achieve your primary objective.  Chuck the rest. 

Typically you want about 35 lands, 6-10 non-land mana sources/ramp and 4-10 removal card, and a few protection spells (like Lightning Greaves).  This accounts for about 50 cards in your deck.  That means only 50 cards that are accomplishing your goal.  Some decks want even more ramp, or more removal, or more protection, and have even fewer cards that are "on task".

Happy Brewing!  :)
Happy Brewing!
:)

TheCrazyPlayer

• Decks
Re: Meren Infect - Comments
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 02:24:10 am »
Ideally, the plan is to kill opponents with poison counters. I play against a lot of decks with giant creatures, so the fact that the damage from Infect/wither weakens their creatures in the long run is also useful. However, since their creatures are likely to be bigger than mine (also, EDH= board wipes), I need to be able to get them back again. That's the second priority: Good ways to get my infect/wither creatures back. A distant 3rd is to take advantage of the mana ramp that comes with playing Green.

The reason for more than 1 "No max hand size" cards is because you don't always get what you want, and a lot of the recursion cards put things into my hand.

Thanks for your time.