deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] SPENSIVE  (Read 323 times)

timmyt1000

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] SPENSIVE
« on: May 03, 2018, 08:40:43 pm »

Soren841

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] SPENSIVE
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 08:42:39 pm »
Who is your commander
Nils is the God I worship

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 09:54:09 pm »
Call it a hunch, but I think it's Oloro. There are no other legendary creatures in the deck.

manuagg

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 10:47:07 pm »
Expensive? Yes. Good? Not really

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 01:54:58 am »
@Morgan I find it difficult to commander read lists where everything is just in main, its visually just very difficult
The deck isnt AWFUL.. its almost an exact copy of the tier 3 Oloro stax deck

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 11:29:52 am »
Is it for 1v1 or multiplayer?
I think for multiplayer it's weak.
Why do you play these cards?
Dust Bowl
Glimmervoid
Prairie Stream
Tainted Field
Tainted Isle
Mox Diamond
Mox Opal
Vedalken Shackles
Cruel Tutor
Seeing all these mana rocks, why don't you go infinite with Isochron Scepter + that instant that untaps your nonland permanents?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:28:00 pm »
Dramatic Reversal? That's good with Aetherflux Reservoir as a wincon.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 02:14:41 am »
I don't think that timmyt1000 monitors this post. I'll see if I can answer why each of those cards are in there.

Dust Bowl: right of the bat... I don't know. Probably because land destruction is useful, and the deck already has Strip Mine and Wasteland. I think that Ghost Quarter would work better.

Glimmervoid: Lands that tap for any color are useful, and the deck uses a number of artifacts to keep it alive.

Prairie Stream: The deck already uses Hallowed Fountain and Tundra. This is just another land that can be searched for with the fetch lands.

Tainted Field + Tainted Isle: Because this deck can easily use fetch lands to search for a swamp (Underground Sea is the go-to) the tainted lands will almost always tap for colored mana.

Mox Diamond + Mox Opal: zero mana mana-rocks are useful. They let you bring out cards a turn sooner. In the case of Mox diamond, you can play a signet on turn 1, and then have 4 mana come turn 2. That's a huge advantage. Because the deck uses a lot of artifacts, Mox Opal will always tap for mana (no point in playing it otherwise).

Vedalken Shackles: Hate piece. Grab opponents creatures so they can't use it. Useful in some metas.

Cruel Tutor: Searches for the deck's win-con Divine Intervention. The deck doesn't win, just ties the game (as far as I can tell). Admittedly there are better tutors (Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Imperial Seal).

The reason why Dramatic Isochron isn't used is because you need something to put all that mana into. Some big spell/combo to finish the game... something this deck doesn't have.

timmyt1000, if I got anything wrong, feel free to shout at me.

timmyt1000

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 08:52:19 am »
Um  I don't monitor this site  @Morganator 2.0 at all i just happened to hop on here to make proxies for a deck. Which is how this deck got here. Though I do own all the cards for this deck. Cruel Tutor was the only tutor of that that type I didn't have in another deck at the time, it has since been switched to Demonic Tutor. TBH it isn't suppose to win its suppose to loose really slow this deck it to play archenemy with. It can win however with infinite turns with Thopter foundry/ sword of the meek/ time sieve , or turn all your artifacts into 5/5 with Tezzeret the seeker.