deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [EDH / Commander] Warriors and Ninjas, card removal suggestions appreciated  (Letto 448 volte)

Hephaestus

• Decks
Warriors and Ninjas

Najeela the Blade-Blossom commander warrior tribal 5-color.  Idea is to get out a lot of pumped up warriors with cool abilities, attack a lot, kill opponents with creature damage.  The deck should have an answer for most things and should try to avoid losing the game.  Sub themes include token creation (more warriors mostly) and +1, +1 counter creation.  Not that complicated.  Lots of cool combos, but only one infinite combo (infinite attacks with Nature's Wll and Najeela, the Blade-Blossom.  Not really trying for that too hard.

Current problem: 110 cards.  Need to get rid of 10 non-land cards.

Note: Ninjas are really good at hiding, whch is why you can't see them in the deck list.

THis is my first EDH deck attempt and, frankly, despite attempting to read up on a lot of strategies, I don't think I have a very good handle on how to build a good deck.  I am really looking for cards I can remove, and would appreciate explanations as well.  Feel free to recommend more then 10 cards for removal.  I would also appreciate suggestions as to cards to add, but I don't plan on buying individual cards (slippery slope issue as well as a money issue).  If I have it in my collection that's another story.
« Ultima modifica: Dicembre 13, 2018, 06:54:08 pm da Hephaestus »

Hephaestus

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Warriors and Ninjas, card removal suggestions appreciated
« Risposta #2 il: Dicembre 16, 2018, 04:33:51 am »
Version 1 of the actual commander-legal deck.  Would greatly appreciate suggestions/comments.

redstripes

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Dicembre 17, 2018, 03:32:48 pm »
Take out the

Vivid Crag,  Creek,  Marsh

Hephaestus

• Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Dicembre 17, 2018, 09:12:16 pm »
Thanks.  Already removed.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Dicembre 18, 2018, 03:49:40 pm »
I'd cut:
Privileged Position - It's similar to Steely Resolve, apart from costing much more. Also, you should rather worry about Wrath of God and such, not about spot removal.
Fate Forgotten - It doesn't tie in any way to your theme and surely there are better options (ex. you already have Mortify, why not adding Putrefy too?). In fact, I'm not sure you really need that card.
Bringer of the Black Dawn - It costs too much and there are a lot of better options. If you want a fattie, take Rune-Scarred Demon or Sidisi, Undead Vizier instead. If you want a repeatable effect, take Liliana Vess etc.
Malevolent Awakening - That's a pretty bad card. You have tons of better options, Phyrexian Reclamation being the first coming to mind.
I didn't inspect all your warriors because I don't have much experience with this kind of deck.
Finally, I didn't inspect your mana base either. It seems ok, but 5-colors deck are pretty hard to balance, so take care.

Hephaestus

• Decks
« Risposta #6 il: Dicembre 20, 2018, 02:37:58 am »
Thanks for your suggestions.  I am in the process of incorporating most of them and greatly appreciate the help.

Hephaestus

• Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Dicembre 23, 2018, 01:58:29 am »
Version 3, the latest iteration.  Thanks again for the suggestions.  Comments greatly appreciated.

Warriors and Ninjas
« Ultima modifica: Dicembre 23, 2018, 02:00:30 am da Hephaestus »

Hephaestus

• Decks
« Risposta #8 il: Dicembre 28, 2018, 06:45:56 pm »

Revision 4

Added/removed cards:
-1 Brion Stoutarm
+1 Mox Diamond

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #9 il: Dicembre 28, 2018, 06:51:38 pm »
You seem like ur in a weird limbo between budgetless and budget rn. I'd remove some of the jankier cards for something better.
Nils is the God I worship

Hephaestus

• Decks
« Risposta #10 il: Dicembre 29, 2018, 01:52:20 am »
I'm mostly just using the cards I own.  I try to avoid buying new cards for a deck I make, and pretty much all my cards come from booster packs, rather then individual purchases.

So which are the jankier cards that should be removed, and what better things would you put in?