deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Store Championship - Game Day (23-24th June)  (Leído 342 veces)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Store Championship - Game Day (23-24th June)
« en: Junio 25, 2018, 05:37:04 pm »
Hey guys!

How did everyone do at their Store Championship?

Did you eliminate the competition? - If so what decks were being played, and what did you play?
Did you have fun? - What was the scene like? Were there any decent players, interesting characters?
Did you lose? - If so, what did you think went wrong, tell us and we'll help, and next time perhaps you'll do better?
Did you have an epic duel? - What were your best plays of the tournament?

let us know!

I built my deck on the way to the tournament using my standard collection. - Bad idea considering I didn't have practice with it prior to playing.
It was a (U/W) GPG - God Pharoah's Gift deck with some added spice.

First game I played against a friend who destroyed me with his Grixis Pirates... I know! Grixis Pirates...  (0:2) having my win conditions snatched out of my hand or from the battlefield with Kitesail Freebooter and Hostage taker is irritating, to say the least.

Second game I won (2:0) against a girl that was kind of new to the game, which I was sad about as she didn't know what was happening.

The third game I won (2:1) against an Izzet Wizards deck that was entirely focused on aggro burn. It was a difficult match-up considering that it takes time to set up combo pieces, and GPG is vulnerable to direct player damage.

The fourth game I drew (1:1:1) because the last match went to turns. This was a hard matchup - Golgari Constrictor. Not the tier 1 version but still turn 2 Winding Constrictor into turn 3 Jadelight Ranger is difficult to deal with.

The fifth and final game I drew (1:1:1) against a pro tour player who was playing U/W control with Approach of the Second Sun and Teferi, Hero of Dominaria.
This match went to time, and the player was annoyed that I wouldn't concede in the second game. (Which I wasn't going to do, I don't give up, no matter what.) I won the first game because I resolved a Shalai, Voice of Plenty and he couldn't target me with Settle the Wreckage. The second game I took out my Fumigates and his Masterpiece Torrential Gearhulk won him that game. The last match went to time, but it was too early to say which of us had the upper hand.

In the end, I let the man go into the top 8, as both of us wouldn't qualify if I allowed the draw. (again he asked me to concede, and feeling bad that the second game took a while I conceded and allowed him to progress) - Whether or not that was the correct decision remains to be seen.

The Top 4:

Rakdos aggro vs Rakdos aggro

U/W Control vs Orzhov Knights
« Última modificación: Junio 25, 2018, 05:39:54 pm por Mnemosyne »

Zmores

• Decks
Re: Store Championship - Game Day (23-24th June)
« Respuesta #1 en: Junio 25, 2018, 06:25:59 pm »
I played a budget black/white midrange deck that used Solemnity and Vizier of Remedies to prevent Ammit Eternal, Plague Belcher, and Baleful Ammit from getting -1/-1 Counters.

Midrange

First round I lost to an Esper control deck that won with Torrential Gearhulk, because I sideboarded out most of my answers.

Second round I won against Red Rush, mainly because Fungal Infection is very good against one toughness creatures like Earthshaker Khenra, Fanatical Firebrand, and Bomat Courier.

Third round I won against Izzet wizards because the combination of Solemnity and Soul-Scar Mage prevents Abrade, Shock, Wizard's Lightning and Lightning Strike from killing my creatures.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Junio 26, 2018, 08:14:30 pm »
I played a budget black/white midrange deck that used Solemnity and Vizier of Remedies to prevent Ammit Eternal, Plague Belcher, and Baleful Ammit from getting -1/-1 Counters.

Midrange

First round I lost to an Esper control deck that won with Torrential Gearhulk, because I sideboarded out most of my answers.

Second round I won against Red Rush, mainly because Fungal Infection is very good against one toughness creatures like Earthshaker Khenra, Fanatical Firebrand, and Bomat Courier.

Third round I won against Izzet wizards because the combination of Solemnity and Soul-Scar Mage prevents Abrade, Shock, Wizard's Lightning and Lightning Strike from killing my creatures.

A very original idea! I'm glad you did well! It is difficult to deal with Solemnity in the main deck. :)

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Junio 27, 2018, 01:05:45 am »

Midrange

The big 3cmc payoffs in this deck are huge when you get solemnity on the battlefield early. A friend of mine played a deck like this back during HOU to great effect, as it hosed walking ballista and snake strategies while boosting its own creatures. 5/5 afflict 3, 4/3 lifelink, or 5/4 menace, all for 2B - great value.

Awesome you had good success; if I ran it, I may mix up the removal package to include vraska's contempt and ixalan's binding. Cast down can be a dead card with all the dominaria legends running around at uncommon.

The cool bonus of your solemnity shutting down your opponent's replacement effect from their soul scar mage is tight against the heavily favored red decks running around in standard right now. Way to metagame!
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac