deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Discard Control with the rack  (Read 261 times)

TheFappngEmp

• Decks
[Modern] Discard Control with the rack
« on: September 06, 2018, 07:24:25 pm »
Discard Control with the rack

This deck's purpose is to cut down the opponent's hand in the early stages of the match.
Due to the budget purpose of the deck I didn't put in Inquisition of kozilek and academy ruins, but if you want, put them in as they give a lot of utility.
The deck offers a lot of tools to make the opponent discard his hand, first of all Wrench mind, duress and despise. Augur of skulls and ravenous rats are both useful to be used as blockers, in case your opponent managed to summon some creatures. Trinket mages are important tutoring cards because with mages you can easily get the Racks to deal damage to your opponent, also they can tutor for the spellbombs that you can also use to draw cards.
Auriok salvagers are there to help you saving your artifacts from opponent's removals or counters and to recycle spellbombs, buried ruin has the same concern.
Treasured Find is a controversial tool because it costs one green mana other than the black one and there is only one forest in the deck. Spire of industry is there to Help! Both for white and green mana. Because of that, treasured find has to be used as a source to retrieve your lands or sorceries or instants from the graveyard in case of need: for example ghost quarter.
If you need you can change choked estuary or glacial fortress with cheaper lands.
I made this deck with a lot of cards I don't have, and because of that I can't test it.
I'd really like some feedback by you guys because this is the first deck I ever constructed and I'm sure I made a lot of questionable choices. Thanks a lot!

Inphyy77

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Discard Control with the rack
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 08:50:23 pm »
If you're really worried about budget, and want to use discard as a control tool, I would suggest using a mono black build. You save money on cards like Choked Estuary, Glacial Fortress, and Spire of Industry that you can put to use in a more streamlined version of the deck. Shrieking Affliction is a solid addition to The Rack, Blackmail is a cheap one mana discard spell, and cards like Raven's Crime can turn late game lands into more discard. Also try to spring of Inquisition of Kozilek, as it's just a painless Thoughseize against the vast majority of decks in modern right now. =)

Clockwork108

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 11:12:45 pm »
I agree with the previous comment. And I think Shrieking Affliction would really boost this deck up! The only downside I can really see is creature amount. Even as a discard deck, there is 4/3 creatures that only require two mana to play and you must consider madness abilities. But hey, even I'm a newbie myself xD
I don't think I've ever made a discard deck this good! Keep up the good work!
-Aeghi

TheFappngEmp

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 02:25:44 pm »
Thanks a lot Guys! I appreciated your comments, I'll consider a new list with the suggetions you've made! :)