deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Mono U Squelch Tempo  (Read 462 times)

burn your face

• Decks
[Modern] Mono U Squelch Tempo
« on: October 18, 2018, 06:37:34 am »
Mono U Squelch Tempo

Basically mess with fetches and other activated abilities. Mission briefing is really good in this deck, because some of the cards are dead is some matchups. Mission briefing also removes an extra counter from thing in the ice.

Feedback is appreciated

DanyTheWarrior

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Mono U Squelch Tempo
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 01:03:19 pm »
This deck reminds me of Legacy Canadian Threshold, I like it!

gmm1296

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 01:09:56 pm »
I think that with two Spellskite instead of an Island and a Remand could be also a good deck.

THEpuy

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 06:09:11 pm »
Shadow of doubt and squelch are both very niche in use, so it would probably benefit you to cut one of each (especially squelch, which needs a target) in favor of something with some more all-around use. Besides that, the decks looks super sweet.

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 06:59:35 pm »
Thanks for the comments.

I like the spellskite idea. The deck does have a tun of two drops though. I will try them.

You are right about shadow of doubt and squelch. My thinking is that because there are four opt, for serum visions, and four mission briefing, that it might be okay.
I do wish there was a brainstorm effect though. I might try cutting the squelches all together, and going up to four shadow of doubt. Another thing I might try is a dismember, but they might just go in the sideboard.

Thanks everyone

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 07:09:41 pm »

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-3 Squelch
+1 Dismember
+2 Spellskite

Changed amounts:
-1 Island
+1 Shadow of Doubt

Yaochecka

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 10:13:25 pm »
If you're trying to tempo out, then Snapcaster Mage is MUCH better than Mission Briefing since you actually get a body to attack (or surprise block) with. Unless you have budget restrictions that would be the first change I'd make.
Also, a total of 8 one-mana cantrips tends to get a little clunky (cut the serum visions). You might be better off with a cheap evasive body.

Let me know if I'm far off from your plan or anything!

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 05:46:51 am »
Thanks for the reply. I don't want to spend $300 on an experimental deck that costs half that. I actually think mission briefing might be better in this deck than snapcaster. But I'm not sure. I like the 8 cantrips but I will take that into consideration

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 06:40:55 pm »

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
-2 Vendilion Clique
+1 Mana Leak
+1 Spell Snare

Changed amounts:
+1 Dismember
-1 Spell Pierce

Inphyy77

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 11:48:09 pm »
A few things looking over your most recent list/last few posts:

- Only reason to run Mission Briefing over Snapcaster is budget. If you enjoy modern and blue, they're worth the investment.
- I don't think Spellskite adds a lot to the maindeck, since you're running 4 Thing in the Ice for walls early anyways.
- Your deck is threat light. Even RUG Delver in legacy runs 12 creatures and some bolts to close it out.
- Shadow of Doubt is a cute card, but adding the fourth Remand, some Repeal, or even Cryptic Command are other options that replace themselves without being so narrow.
- If you have them, adding copies of Mutavault is a good call as they come in untapped and are a better topdeck late than an Island.

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 01:12:35 am »
I should be playing mutavault. Maybe I should put the cliques back in in place of the spellskites. I don't think I want the fourth remand. This is one of the few decks in modern that should play snapcaster and not play things like tarn and colonnade, therefor I don't want to invest in them. If they get reprinted, or I can trade for them, than I will.

Thanks for the advice

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 01:16:23 am »

Revision 4

Added/removed cards:
-2 Spellskite
+3 Mutavault
+2 Vendilion Clique

Changed amounts:
-3 Island