deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: edh deck help  (Read 231 times)

Varatius

• Decks
edh deck help
« on: October 28, 2018, 02:49:56 pm »
I was going through my cards and i found a commander Angus Makenzie and i found Azor's Elocutors and and i was thinking this could be extremely fun so i was thinking if people would give me input on cards that can help make it possible as the main win condition.  Basically if anyone would give me a list of cards they think could help I'd appreciate it if you make a deck list i want this to be a potential or main win con with 2-3 alternative win conditions and i want to have it under $900 in no way am i expecting it to be competitive so do not go into it with this mind set unless you know of a way to do so already.

The first cards that came to mind are fog lull and cyclonic rift i would like this included if possible.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: edh deck help
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 03:40:03 pm »
Hmm, extra turns could be a way to do it as well in addition to what you've already mentioned with Turbo Fog built into a soft control shell.

Doesn't matter if it's an extra turn upkeep, it would still put a filibuster counter on Azor's Elocutors. The Isochron Scepter - Mystical Tutor - Beacon of Tomorrows combo could help it with ways to search for the combo like Enlightened Tutor and Merchant Scroll. You would need a solid ramp package as well but you'll likely need that any way that you build the deck.
This space for rent.

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 06:21:43 pm »
I was planning on having a solid ramp i was going to use the green for that mostly to help thin the deck a bit too with cards like tooth and nail and the other green tutors that search for creatures cuz of azor's elocutors being a creature and i'd want that asap.  I love the beacon combo i definitely feel that would be important to include.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 06:52:30 pm »
One of the biggest issues is that Azor's Elocutors will now be a huge target for removal. So you need to protect both your life total (with pillow fort) and Azor's Elocutors. Mother of Runes, Sylvan Safekeeper, Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, these will all protect it directly. You can also be subtle with Apostle's Blessing, Faith's Shield, Heroic Intervention, Reverent Mantra, and Blossoming Defense, but you'll probably want counterspells as well. Aim for 1 mana, that protect against instants/sorceries. Siren Stormtamer, Judge's Familiar, Spell Pierce, Swan Song, Flusterstorm, and Mental Misstep are some examples.

You also need to be able to consistently get Azor's Elocutors every game. Fortunately, green gives you access to creature tutors. Worldly Tutor, Eldritch Evolution, Traverse the Ulvenwald, Tooth and Nail (Grab the Elocutors and Sylvan Safekeeper), Fauna Shaman

Varatius

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 08:16:27 pm »
That is awesome advice now i got to find some balance too i want another way to win if possible as well Azor's Elocuters are the main go to win con and this is the part of the deck i find the hardest from what i want.