deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Sondage

Will WotC create a new sanctioned format off of the Arena card base.

Yes, and within the next two years.
4 (50%)
Yes, but it may take some time.
0 (0%)
There will be a new format, but it will be closer to Frontier's card base.
2 (25%)
No, we will not see any new sanctioned formats in the foreseeable future.
0 (0%)
No, Arena's card base will be expanded and will adopt existing formats.
2 (25%)

Total des votants: 8

Vote clôturé: Janvier 12, 2019, 06:54:26 pm

Auteur Sujet: A new non-rotating format derived from Arena  (Lu 319 fois)

bradcoish23

• Decks
A new non-rotating format derived from Arena
« le: Décembre 13, 2018, 06:54:27 pm »
Arena is going to need changes moving forward regarding its formats. My question pertains to if arena will cause the creation of a new format to include cards that are on the platform (once existing sets begin to rotate out of standard). Currently there is no way to exchange your cards, not for a reasonable value at least. I'm just thinking ahead to what happens when all those x4 Mythics players own are no longer standard playable. That is a lot of time and in some cases money invested into earning cards no longer playable outside of casual MTG.

Everyone is on an Arena high right now, but I think there is a crash to come unlike anything we've ever seen at standard rotation in the past. A rotation where your cards have no other format to be played in outside of casual and cannot be sold is going to be a monumental fail. I really assume WotC has planned ahead on this one. This might not hit the gamer section of the Arena player base hard, but entrenched MTG players are going to backlash against this if there is not a proper plan in place (either a new format or the expansion into past sets opening up existing formats.

Soren841

• Decks
Re: A new non-rotating format derived from Arena
« Réponse #1 le: Décembre 13, 2018, 07:13:32 pm »
They're going to add modern n stuff 🙄 maybe trading
Nils is the God I worship

bradcoish23

• Decks
Re: A new non-rotating format derived from Arena
« Réponse #2 le: Décembre 14, 2018, 04:25:23 pm »
I'm wondering if there is a way to add previous sets without killing MTGO and the market that so many players have their money invested in. I got out of my collection when arena rolled out, not because I feel WotC wants to kill it but that the player base would kill the value of the cards through panic. (already happening)