deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Wheel Deck  (Gelesen 518 mal)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Wheel Deck
« am: März 13, 2019, 12:46:09 Vormittag »
Hello Everyone!

So I've just made myself a The Locust God deck and ordered it. I've always wanted a wheel themed deck because it looks like fun, and that is exactly what my deck is. The problem is, I am not exactly sure how to play it. For instance should I almost always wait to have The Locust God out before i cast something like Winds of Change or Tolarian Winds? What are people's thoughts on a turn 1 winds of change? Everyone keeps their hand of 7/6 cards because it is good enough, so playing that can disrupt them I would think. Sure they may hit gold, but they may also get garbage. Ultimately though they are seven cards deeper into their deck, and I am unsure of how I feel about that.

Thoughts, ideas and advice please and thank you!
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Wheel Deck
« Antwort #1 am: März 13, 2019, 02:02:24 Vormittag »
Turn 1 Winds as disruption is dumb. Don't do that.
Nils is the God I worship

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: März 13, 2019, 02:11:46 Vormittag »
Turn 1 Winds as disruption is dumb. Don't do that.

Because people won't like me or it isn't advantageous or both?
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Soren841

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: März 13, 2019, 04:56:58 Vormittag »
It's very disadvantageous

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Antwort #4 am: März 13, 2019, 04:56:24 Nachmittag »
You don't necessarily need The Locust God out when you cast a wheel effect, it's just preferable. If you need the card draw (like if you need to draw more mana, or an answer to an opponent's threat) then use your wheel effect. So long as you have a high enough density of wheel effects, you will likely draw into another one.

What's more important is that once The Locust God is out, you need to keep the ball rolling. Using stuff like Phyrexian Altar will ensure that you have the mana to cast another wheel effect.

Also, Turn 1 Winds of Change is hilarious. Do it.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: März 13, 2019, 08:03:35 Nachmittag »

Amen.   ;D

I like Teferi's Puzzle Box for decks that want to get triggers from drawing cards.

Happy Brewing!
:)
Happy Brewing!

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Antwort #6 am: März 13, 2019, 10:22:15 Nachmittag »
You don't necessarily need The Locust God out when you cast a wheel effect, it's just preferable. If you need the card draw (like if you need to draw more mana, or an answer to an opponent's threat) then use your wheel effect. So long as you have a high enough density of wheel effects, you will likely draw into another one.

What's more important is that once The Locust God is out, you need to keep the ball rolling. Using stuff like Phyrexian Altar will ensure that you have the mana to cast another wheel effect.

I will absolutely try the turn 1 winds of change because I thought it would be fun. So I should be setting up into The Locust God and be prepared to win when he comes out or the next turn?

Also I did add a few haste enablers to my goblin deck as you suggested. I bought a thousand year elixir and I threw in fervor.

Hmmm Apothecary, I can't seem to add your quote. I'm having trouble putting multiple quotes in the forum. Forgive my noobness. Teferi's Puzzle Box was the first wheel to make the list. I like it because it is repeatable. Also why I Like Jace's archivist.
« Letzte Änderung: März 13, 2019, 10:27:13 Nachmittag von Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red

Soren841

• Decks
« Antwort #7 am: März 13, 2019, 10:28:34 Nachmittag »
Y'all encouraging incorrect plays >-> don't Winds on 1

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Antwort #8 am: März 13, 2019, 10:47:24 Nachmittag »
Y'all encouraging incorrect plays >-> don't Winds on 1

Just because someone isn't doing things your way, doesn't mean they're doing it the wrong way.

So I should be setting up into The Locust God and be prepared to win when he comes out or the next turn?

If anything, prepare to win on the turn after The Locust God comes out. Your mana will be untaped, and you'll be ready to generate lots of insects. Remember that it's not a guarantee that you'll win, but you could end up with enough insects, and enough cards draw to out-value your opponents.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #9 am: März 13, 2019, 10:48:37 Nachmittag »
Yes it is an incorrect play but it is sort of funny especially if you are the one to go 1st. All your opponents have a good opening hand that they kept and you drop a mountain turn 1 into Winds of Change and boom that good opening hand goes bye bye.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Soren841

• Decks
« Antwort #10 am: März 13, 2019, 10:53:48 Nachmittag »
But it's bad card disadvantage and honestly the odds of them drawing an unplayable new hand are very low, even if it isn't as good as what they kept (assuming they kept rly good hands which is not always the case)

Red_Wyrm

• Decks
« Antwort #11 am: März 13, 2019, 11:05:09 Nachmittag »
But it's bad card disadvantage and honestly the odds of them drawing an unplayable new hand are very low, even if it isn't as good as what they kept (assuming they kept rly good hands which is not always the case)

This is a valid point. There are many times that I hoping to draw out of a bad start, and a winds of change would help a lot, so I am sure my opponents have been and will be in similar situations. It still sounds like fun though. I think it'll depend on if I wanna win or just be mean.

How do we feel about Tolarian Winds? It is best when you have a full hand of 7+ cards, but at that point, wouldn't you like the cards in your hand? If not why are they in the deck? But I feel it isn't really worth it if you have one, two or three cards in your hand. I know with the locust god, it is an include, but the card by itself. How do people feel about it?
« Letzte Änderung: März 13, 2019, 11:11:31 Nachmittag von Red_Wyrm »
My King Baby said yes!

Please, it is Red