deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: [Suggestion] User-specific options on the main banner  (Gelesen 1137 mal)

cc.jmk!

• Decks
[Suggestion] User-specific options on the main banner
« am: August 14, 2014, 08:25:20 Nachmittag »
Hello!

It has always troubled that the user-specific options are "hidden" on the login name button; being a click away is not really hideous, but I think it'd make a more intuitive interface to have those options available at first sight.

I've drafted a quick sample image, please don't consider it the definite proposal but only a sample to show the idea

*icons used are from Metro UI Dock by Yankoa*

The idea would be to have icons, labels or both (my preference is icons with hover-texts) to all current options hidden on the user-button; this is:
-saved decks
-forum profile
-settings

When not logged in, all these icons could be hidden except for the logout button, replaced with the login button.
That way, the extra space after the site's name & icon can be seized for a purposeful use.

cc.jmk!

• Decks
Re: [Suggestion] User-specific options on the main banner
« Antwort #1 am: August 15, 2014, 12:03:06 Vormittag »
Nevermind, I've just opened deckstats from another PC and noticed there's an advertisement there; AdBlock blocked it in such a perfect way I didn't notice there was something there.

And I won't argue in favor of removing the ad, those badboys keep these sites alive, even when ogres like me AdBlock them :P

Nils

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: August 17, 2014, 06:29:38 Nachmittag »
Yeah, that space is up there not supposed to be empty... ;)

I do agree with you that it would be nicer to have quick access to these pages though. I'll try find a good solution for where to put the links (without removing the banner obviously).

cc.jmk!

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: August 19, 2014, 07:51:24 Nachmittag »
It'd be more comfy, definitely!

Nils

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: August 28, 2014, 01:57:00 Nachmittag »
As a first step towards this I have just split up the user button into three - the left part (with your user name) will go straight to your decks, the gear icon will go to your settings and the arrow gives you access to the same menu as before. I hope this makes it a bit easier to access these commonly used pages at least!

cc.jmk!

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: September 01, 2014, 06:08:15 Nachmittag »
Works like a charm! just for reference, I'd add the hover tooltip "Your Saved Decks" when you leave the mouse arrow over your user name, just like the gear has the tooltip "Your Settings" and the arrow has the "User Menu".

Seems like a solid move, at least for me the decks folder is a priority link; from the options still under the user menu, i'd just consider important "Your Messages", so long as you could implement some sort of active icon showing either the # of new messages or at least a ! when there are new messages. I particularly don't have messages regularly, but I'd expect other people do use the message functionality more actively :P

Nils

• Decks
« Antwort #6 am: September 02, 2014, 09:40:59 Nachmittag »
Good idea, I have just added the tooltip! There is already a red box that will be displayed if you have an unread message, but I will have a look if there is a way to make this even more visible too.

cc.jmk!

• Decks
« Antwort #7 am: September 29, 2014, 03:33:10 Nachmittag »
Tooltip's looking good. I would need to recieve a message first to see the red box, i guess :P