deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: [EDH / Commander] Feather the... Boros Spellslinger?  (Lu 1526 fois)

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Feather the... Boros Spellslinger?
« le: Avril 12, 2019, 07:51:37 pm »
Feather the... Boros Spellslinger?

I think this deck could be a lot of fun.

The goal is to get Feather, The Redeemed out and sling spells and then bounce them back so you can do it all over again. Use them to buff Feather and swing, to draw cards, to create tokens, to ping with cards like Guttersnipe or to charge up Aetherflux Reservoir.

I've concentrated on instants so that the deck can do its thing on everybody else's turn but that's going to require a lot of free mana. Which is why I included a lot of mana rocks, along with Paradox Engine and Unwinding Clock to untap them.

If anyone has any suggestions on alternate inclusions or just thoughts on how this deck will work I'd love to hear it them.

Thanks.

HotPotato

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Feather the... Boros Spellslinger?
« Réponse #1 le: Mai 13, 2019, 01:39:14 am »
Hey there ! Your deck looks really great ! I just wanted you to know, if doesn't already, God's Willing might be a great addition to a Feather deck ;) And Integrity/Intervention too, but definitly not as powerful, flexible nonetheless (it might surprise people to have a huge pump spell with only red mana open). Seems you already have tuned the deck quite a lot, hope it runs well ! Have fun ! ;)
" The worst part isn’t the pain, or the smell, or even the fear of death. It’s hearing the clatter of bone on stone and knowing the bones are yours. "

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Mai 13, 2019, 03:04:08 am »
Thanks! Both of those cards were in contention at one point (and might still go in eventually - it's still early days for Feather). There are so many great cards to fit in the 99 of this deck it's really hard to choose. I opted for Shelter, Apostle's Blessing and Bathe in Light instead of God's willing. They all basically do the same thing with slightly different upsides - Shelter draws a card, Apostle's blessing allows me to protect artifacts (great for holding on to Sunforger and Paradox Engine) and Bath in Light can potentially protect every creature from a boardwipe. Integrity/Intervention is great too (the life gain option is a nice bit of flexibility), but I went for Martial Glory instead. It costs a bit more but it let's me potentially spread out the buff between two creatures, and I could even give half of the buff to another player for some surprise removal or to help them as a political move.

I appreciate the suggestions though! I'm always looking for new ways to tweak my decks.

HotPotato

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Mai 13, 2019, 03:35:28 am »
Yeah you're right, it's so difficult to choose sometimes ! I see you did a lot of work on it, that's so good, hope you can test it out soon and win games with it.
Did you see that Tenth District Legionnaire too ? With the scry, the Haste and the buff, she seemed so great but she's so difficult to fit in :/ Might be a better choice for a 1v1 focused Feather deck...
" The worst part isn’t the pain, or the smell, or even the fear of death. It’s hearing the clatter of bone on stone and knowing the bones are yours. "

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Mai 13, 2019, 05:21:24 am »
Tenth District Legionnaire could be another great one in the deck. For me, it got edged out by Phalanx Leader and Anax and Cymede. I opted for those two because they effect every creature on the board, which is great considering how wide this deck could go with all of the token generators I included (and if nothing else they'll at least pump Feather up too).

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Mai 13, 2019, 11:52:02 am »
Hey, what about Burning Anger? If you pump Feather big enough (especially with +1/+1 counters) that aura could hit like a truck without the need of attacking (or using it after attacking if you give feather vigilance).

Feat of Resistance and Stand Firm could also be very interesting for your deck.

Btw, about Magnetic Theft: Your main target for this spell should be Sunforger, since it reduces the cost to use it by 2.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Réponse #6 le: Mai 13, 2019, 12:20:58 pm »
Helm of Awakening is dangerous, I'd steer clear of it. But if you can pull it off then why not!

Is there a particular reason you're not running Steelshaper's Gift?
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Réponse #7 le: Mai 13, 2019, 12:37:46 pm »
Also here are some cards that are probably not going to make the cut but cool interactions nonetheless:
Finale of Promise - since two replacement effects take place you choose which to apply. For any amount of X you cast two spells from your graveyard and instead of exiling them they'll return to your hand. If X is 10 or more you'll cast both spells three times and they'll return to your hand. Or at least I'm pretty sure how that works.
Grapeshot - if you target the original copy to Feather you'll get to keep the card and use the copies for other targets. Under normal circumstances with no other interaction and stock Feather (toughness 4) you can do this three times. First time targets Feather, resolves. Second time has a single leftover copy and the original still targets Feather. Third time you'll get two copies and the original still targets Feather. Ok, it's elaborate but it gets exponentially more powerful for each spell you cast before it and you always get it back.
Astral Steel - same logic but it just pumps Feather a lot. Sadly the +1/+2 isn't nearly as powerful as it could be.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Réponse #8 le: Mai 13, 2019, 12:46:07 pm »
Also here are some cards that are probably not going to make the cut but cool interactions nonetheless:
Finale of Promise - since two replacement effects take place you choose which to apply. For any amount of X you cast two spells from your graveyard and instead of exiling them they'll return to your hand. If X is 10 or more you'll cast both spells three times and they'll return to your hand. Or at least I'm pretty sure how that works.
Grapeshot - if you target the original copy to Feather you'll get to keep the card and use the copies for other targets. Under normal circumstances with no other interaction and stock Feather (toughness 4) you can do this three times. First time targets Feather, resolves. Second time has a single leftover copy and the original still targets Feather. Third time you'll get two copies and the original still targets Feather. Ok, it's elaborate but it gets exponentially more powerful for each spell you cast before it and you always get it back.
Astral Steel - same logic but it just pumps Feather a lot. Sadly the +1/+2 isn't nearly as powerful as it could be.

Finale of Promise should work that way.

The other 2 may work, but you're missing something: With Feather you get the spells back, yes, but in the next end step. So if you want to make use of the storm spells, you need to stack up the storm counter with other spells, in stead of recasting them. but I agree with you, they still may work with feather.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Réponse #9 le: Mai 13, 2019, 12:47:17 pm »
I also took a look at the way you've set up your sections; I hope you noticed the token generator + Path to Exile synergy? In a nutshell: exile token, find land, a new token gets created because you cast a spell. For extra cheese Amulet of Vigor and the new land pays for Path to Exile itself letting you get all your white-producing lands into play in one go.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Réponse #10 le: Mai 13, 2019, 12:49:21 pm »
Argh! I keep forgetting Feather gives the spells to you in the end step and not immediately. You are absolutely right and please disregard my crazy ramblings.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Réponse #11 le: Mai 13, 2019, 01:01:43 pm »
I also took a look at the way you've set up your sections; I hope you noticed the token generator + Path to Exile synergy? In a nutshell: exile token, find land, a new token gets created because you cast a spell. For extra cheese Amulet of Vigor and the new land pays for Path to Exile itself letting you get all your white-producing lands into play in one go.

I agree with you that this is a nice combo, but I don't think its worth adding Amulet of Vigor. It's very expensive and kinda useless outside the combo.

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
« Réponse #12 le: Mai 13, 2019, 11:27:36 pm »
Hey, what about Burning Anger? If you pump Feather big enough (especially with +1/+1 counters) that aura could hit like a truck without the need of attacking (or using it after attacking if you give feather vigilance).

Feat of Resistance and Stand Firm could also be very interesting for your deck.

Btw, about Magnetic Theft: Your main target for this spell should be Sunforger, since it reduces the cost to use it by 2.

Burning anger could be really good, although I've been trying to stay away from enchantments (for synergy's sake). I really like Feat of Resistance, that could be another great protection option. Hmmmm.....

I 100% agree with you on magnetic theft. It's the first spell I tutor for once Sunforger is on the board.

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
« Réponse #13 le: Mai 13, 2019, 11:34:11 pm »
Helm of Awakening is dangerous, I'd steer clear of it. But if you can pull it off then why not!

Is there a particular reason you're not running Steelshaper's Gift?

I'm not sure what you mean by Helm of Awakening being dangerous. Do you mean that it's overpowered?

Steelshaper's Gift was on my list but it's been hard to find and it's a bit pricy. For now I'm using Open the Armory, it's an extra mana but it should do the job. If tutoring up Sunforger becomes my priority I may track down Steelshaper's Gift and slot it in along with it. (deciding which cards to cut from this deck is a painful process - but I guess that's a good problem to have)
« Modifié: Mai 13, 2019, 11:42:14 pm par Slappy T-Rex »

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
« Réponse #14 le: Mai 13, 2019, 11:40:20 pm »

I'm all in on that particular synergy (it's such a great ramp combo), it's just not represented in the sections. There are a ton of cards in this deck that serve multiple functions (card draw + protection, removal + ramp, protection + buff, life gain + removal etc) so I just grouped them as best I could without making it too confusing.

I appreciate the note though!