deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: [Modern] Mono White Visitation  (Letto 246 volte)

firebrand549

• Decks
[Modern] Mono White Visitation
« il: Aprile 14, 2019, 06:14:45 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/125926/1263912-mono-white-visitation

This deck is focused on token swarming using Divine Visitation and Lyra Dawnbringer to pump everything. I don't think History of Benalia is optimal for this deck, so it's not in, but I could be wrong... Some cards I was considering but didn't make the cut on v1: Bunrei's Promise, Spectral Procession, and Revitalize. My main concern is whether I should be running fewer copies of Divine Visitation since once I resolve one of them the others become dead weight. Would also welcome any sideboard suggestions, was thinking about putting some Black in to get Orzhov afterlife stuff and more removal like Vraska's Contempt or maybe Green to take advantage of Selesnya's token shenanigans. Any comments and suggestions welcome and appreciated!

Inphyy77

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Mono White Visitation
« Risposta #1 il: Aprile 15, 2019, 12:02:12 am »
Ok, to tackle the first point, yes, you should cut one or two copies of Divine Visitation. Secondly, the big appeal to play tokens decks is to blank removal, not trade one for one with creatures, so cut some creatures. Or all of them. If you want to stick to mono-white, use your fun angel cards, and stay on roughly the same budget, I would suggest the following changes:

Out:
1 Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants - Four drop that is too slow and doesn't contribute to the overall strategy.
1 Elspeth Tirel - Five mana is just too slow for modern, but it's a good sideboard consideration for the deck.
2 Benalish Marshal - The anthem is nice, but there are better options.
2 Grand Abolisher - It's an alright hate bear, but doesn't do enough, especially if you're trying to blank removal. Not a bad sideboard consideration.
2 Leonin Warleader - Having a four drop that does nothing unless you get to untap with it on the battlefield is ambitious in modern.
2 Ministrant of Obligation - This is actually not bad, but I think we can get some better options in.
2 Divine Visitation - Five mana in modern, does nothing multiples.
2 Ixalan's Binding - Slow removal is slow.
4 Hunted Witness - Honestly the hardest cut, but if you want to commit to tokens, it's best to cut for more impactful cards.
2 Secure the Wastes - Only worth it if you dump a lot of mana into it; I would not suggest it as a 4-of.
3 Plains - Windbrisk Heights is pretty sexy.

Which comes to approximately $71~

In:
3 Auriok Champion - Protection from relevant colours and lifegain on a two drop. Eats half our budget we recouped, but worth it.
4 Intangible Virtue - An anthem and it gives vigilance for two mana.
4 Spectral Procession - Three mana for three evasive bodies, it is worth it.
3 Windbrisk Heights - Helps you cheat out your four and five drops, and is a relevant turn one play.
4 Condemn - Only if you're on a budget. If you can upgrade to Path to Exile, do it.
3 Raise the Alarm - Still instant speed, and more mana efficient in the early game than Secure the Wastes
2 Midnight Haunting - It's a bad Lingering Souls, but it's instant speed.

Which saves us about $37 dollars. Which means you can shell out for some solid hate cards for your sideboard. =)

Though in all honesty, you're better off going b/w and getting access to discard, Lingering Souls, Sorin, Solemn Visitor, and additional removal options.