deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: EDH Fblthp, the Lost - Optimized Version - Comments  (Read 284 times)

Comment Bot

EDH Fblthp, the Lost - Optimized Version - Comments
« on: May 04, 2019, 07:58:56 pm »
EDH Fblthp, the Lost - Optimized Version

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Siberian89

• Geek Fanatico Caotico
    • Fanatismi di Siberian89
  • Decks
Re: EDH Fblthp, the Lost - Optimized Version - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 07:58:57 pm »
[ENG] You can find this on video at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4XalxTJI-KAw7g2PbjbrA-2R1PY99Tkm

Fblthp, the Lost is one of the legend that I love most from MTGWAR and I had to make a deck tech about this homunculus.

Building a deck without creature allow us to play the incredible combo of Fblthp and Proteus Staff that gives us the possibility to have the same effect of two Demonic Tutor while Scrying our entire library!

From here we can play every two cards combo we want, but it's worth mentioning Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal, combo that can easly lead us to infinite mana and infinite tutor, Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth, for infinite colorless mana, and Future Sight + Sensei's Divining Top + discount, to draw our entire library.

Nothing seems to hard to face for our little scared homunculus :D

Check my other deck tech! - https://deckstats.net/decks/44498/f34157/

[ITA] Puoi trovare questo mazzo in video su https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4XalxTJI-KAw7g2PbjbrA-2R1PY99Tkm

Fblthp, the Lost è una delle leggende che amo di più di MTGWAR e and dovevo fare una deck tech su questo omunculo.

Montare un mazzo senza creature ci permette l'incredibile combo tra Fblthp e Proteus Staff che ci da la possibilità di avere lo stesso effetto di due Demonic Tutor mentre Profetizziamo il nostro intero grimorio!

Da qui possiamo giocare ogni combo a due carte che vogliamo, ma vale la pena citare Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal, combo che può facilmente portarci ad avere mana infinito e infiniti tutori, Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth, per infinito mana incolore, e Future Sight + Sensei's Divining Top + sconto, per pescare il nostro intero grimorio.

Niente sembra troppo difficile da affrontare per il nostro piccolo spaventato omunculo :D

Dai un'occhiata alle mie altre deck tech! - https://deckstats.net/decks/44498/f34157/
Siberian89 presenta secondo personale fanatica opinione geek tutto quello che divora nel suo tempo libero - https://siberian89.wordpress.com/

macho0099

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 10:04:03 pm »
è una cosa bellissima, grazie per avermela fatta scoprire

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 02:58:13 pm »
I absolutely love the tech! Is there a particular reason you're not running Reito Lantern? I don't see how otherwise Mindslaver can be a win condition.
It also helps Aetherflux Reservoir because you can keep recasting the same spells without running out of cards.
It could also have some niche utility in bringing back combo pieces that were put into a graveyard. Technically it also turns Lotus Petal (which you don't have either) into a color filtering engine and Mind Stone into a draw engine.

On that note I find it surprising you don't have Grim Monolith and Power Artifact as your backups. I'd be worried about someone exiling something important or - most likely - someone removes the Isochron Scepter leaving Dramatic Reversal exiled! I mean you've included some expensive cards already so I assume money is not an issue here. Grim Monolith also helps with setting up other combos even if you never use it again. Three redundant infinite mana combos also makes mana filtering much more important.

To recap, that's four new cards: Reito Lantern, Lotus Petal, Grim Monolith and Power Artifact

EDIT:
There's also a couple of options for infinite turns:
Nexus of Fate + 10 mana
Beacon of Tomorrows + 11 mana
Temporal Manipulation / Time Warp + Reito Lantern + 11 mana

There are also two very unique protection spells that keep Dramatic Scepter intact: Reality Ripple and Vision Charm. Since Phasing happens on the battlefield Isochron Scepter won't lose track of the imprinted instant. It also helps with Proteus Staff since it's an artifact and a very important one, too. The upside is that the phased out permanent will stay phased out until your next turn, which means it evades all board wipes. Both are instants so it's fairly easy to tutor them in a pinch.

There is only one card that can target a phased out object and that's Time and Tide and even it can't touch a phased out artifact. Phasing in is a state based action that happens during untap which also means you can't prevent objects from phasing in. There's a handful of cards that force you to skip your untap step and the two most dangerous ones are Stasis, Shisato, Whispering Hunger and Sands of Time because they can prevent the untap step for a long time.

EDIT 2:
I feel like the biggest weaknesses are: stuff like Null Rod, stuff like Pithing Needle, Krosan Grip, and things like Extract. There isn't an easy way to address them other than countering or bouncing. Sure, you could run your own Extract to find their Krosan Grip and exile it but I feel like the safest approach is to have multiple ways to produce the win condition. I like it that you have a couple of win conditions that work against most strategies but there are very few ways to get there.

Also...Helm of Awakening? Why not Sapphire Medallion or Semblance Anvil?

EDIT 3:
I promise this is the last edit. I just thought of Temporal Mastery. I know it's a single use spell, but since you get to stack your library every time you use Proteus staff it might make sense to leave it as the top card for your next turn, giving you automatically a double turn to help pull off a combo.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 04:03:23 pm by MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Siberian89

• Geek Fanatico Caotico
    • Fanatismi di Siberian89
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 07:31:11 pm »
Hi MustaKotka and thank you for your comments and edits :D

Helm of Awakening is needed for Future Sight + Sensei's Divining Top combo, where Sapphire Medallion won't work, so it's possible to win with Jace, Wielder of Mysteries.

It's true that Null Rod, Pithing Needle, Krosan Grip, ecc just shut down our plain but even with one activation of Proteus Staff we should be able to draw a two cards combo and win from there. Of course, we can always counter what stops us from winning (except Krosan Grip).

Adding cards that phases out our key pieces it's a great idea! I always forgot about that! Instead, about Mindslaver, I always think about Academy Ruins, but Reito Lantern can be a good add.

As I always say, this is not a definitive and competitive list, but an idea about what can be done. Every mod and every idea are always a good thing and so I want to thank you for all the suggestions! :D
Siberian89 presenta secondo personale fanatica opinione geek tutto quello che divora nel suo tempo libero - https://siberian89.wordpress.com/

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 11:18:19 am »
Helm of Awakening is needed for Future Sight + Sensei's Divining Top combo, where Sapphire Medallion won't work, so it's possible to win with Jace, Wielder of Mysteries.
Oh, right! Semblance Anvil?

Instead, about Mindslaver, I always think about Academy Ruins, but Reito Lantern can be a good add.
I always forget Academy Ruins. In this case it's kind of a toss; Reito is multi use and Ruins are not. Ruins also cost blue, which is harder to come by than colourless.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/