deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: EDH Players- what changes from War are you happy or unhappy with?  (Letto 480 volte)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
What cards did you try and loved? What cards did you try and end up taking right back out?

Sidisi, Brood Tyrant
Gleaming Overseer- drew it a few times, wasn't sold on it to begin with, took back out
Eternal Skylord- not worth the mana, much more efficient to just slot in another zombie lord while running Wonder with all the ways the deck has of putting it in the GY
Vizier of the Scorpion- well worth it, given your tokens deathtouch can be quite a deterent
Bond of Insight- Loving this card, has been well worth it each time I've cast it
Finale of Devastation- have yet to draw it

Grand Arbiter Augustin
Finale of Glory- has been a huge deciding factor in the game each time it's been cast

There's other changes I've made but I've yet to draw them (Arboreal Grazer in Skullbriar for instance).
This space for rent.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Re: EDH Players- what changes from War are you happy or unhappy with?
« Risposta #1 il: Maggio 11, 2019, 10:43:31 pm »
What cards did you try and loved? What cards did you try and end up taking right back out?

Sidisi, Brood Tyrant
Gleaming Overseer- drew it a few times, wasn't sold on it to begin with, took back out
Eternal Skylord- not worth the mana, much more efficient to just slot in another zombie lord while running Wonder with all the ways the deck has of putting it in the GY
Vizier of the Scorpion- well worth it, given your tokens deathtouch can be quite a deterent
Bond of Insight- Loving this card, has been well worth it each time I've cast it
Finale of Devastation- have yet to draw it

Grand Arbiter Augustin
Finale of Glory- has been a huge deciding factor in the game each time it's been cast

There's other changes I've made but I've yet to draw them (Arboreal Grazer in Skullbriar for instance).

Thraximundar

I've got bolas's citadel in there. Finally came in the mail, but I proxied it in once it got spoiled and I preordered it. It's done work since I put it in. Overall I am pleased with it. It demands a removal spell or you just get so far ahead, but it's really easy to neglect your life total. Definitely would be more powerful in a dedicated lifegain deck.

Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim

God-Eternal Oketra- I've ordered her. I havent gotten to play with her yet, but hopefully she is worth the 15 dollars. Looking at her and other five drops, there are definitely worse things I could play.

The white finale-  I've ordered this with oketra. If you can meet the x=10 requirement, I think it's well worth it, but I'm worried that may be hard to meet though. I guess we'll find out once I play with it.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

Ylhyssia

• I love deck-building :3
  • Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Maggio 12, 2019, 12:01:48 am »
I added Liliana, Dreadhorde General, and Cruel Celebrant to my Teysa deck, and both have been all-stars so far.

For 6 mana you can get rid of 2 creatures per opponent and draw 2 cards off of your own. The turn after it starts generating black tokens which will give us more Spirits thanks to Teysa. Amazing cards, truly the bomb of my deck. If this card resolves I can get away with the game pretty easily.

I was really hoping for new Lazav toys, but except for Narset's Reversal, there isn't much going around for him in this set.

Depala, Pilot Examplar got Parhellion II to replace Balista Charger, which had underperformed so far (it was useful against Token decks but that's about it).

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Maggio 12, 2019, 05:11:32 am »
I built a Feather, the Redeemed deck as soon as the card was spoiled. Then I got a copy as soon as it came out. I've played two games with it so far and it's a lot of fun. It's not my most powerful deck but it may be my new favourite to play.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Maggio 12, 2019, 06:15:56 am »
I also built a Feather deck.  Only tested it out once, but it dominated the game (Starting hand had Adamant Will, Gird for Battle and Primal Amulet).  And I managed to set Burning Anger on Feather.  Feather was dangerous...

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Maggio 12, 2019, 07:08:16 am »
That's a deadly combo. I hadn't seen Gird for Battle, I may have to pick it up. There are so many great cards that could fit in the 99 for that deck and they're all pretty fun. The biggest impact cards in my two games have been Intimidation Bolt and Impact Resonance. And of course Shelter, that ones a real MVP.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #6 il: Maggio 12, 2019, 03:01:30 pm »
Finale of Glory has been huge, it added another win condition to Grand Arbiter in a deck that only had 2-3 (other mass token producers). I really am getting impatient on drawing Finale of Devastation in my Sidisi deck, I'm dying to see if it's as impactful as I hope.
This space for rent.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Maggio 13, 2019, 11:01:26 am »
/edit: somehow I was in mind in another topic...

I love the new tamiyo and Ashiok, since they offer alot of utility compared to their cmc.
Kaya's Ghostform is a great addition to my Muldrotha deck.
« Ultima modifica: Maggio 13, 2019, 11:24:24 am da Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Risposta #8 il: Maggio 13, 2019, 10:50:21 pm »
I have Kaya's Ghostform slotted in my Skullbriar deck for play-testing but have yet to draw it.
This space for rent.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Risposta #9 il: Maggio 14, 2019, 03:59:33 am »
Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion was my number one card in the set. A perfect addition to my Feldon of the Third Path deck. I was finally able to replace a subpar Thermopod, which I had in there as a way to get some mana out of my tokens in case I needed extra mana during my second main phase. Neheb gives me more mana and allows me to bin creatures for reanimation the following turn.

Shredwick

• EDH
  • Decks
« Risposta #10 il: Maggio 14, 2019, 10:57:01 am »
Narset's Reversal is replacing just about any 3 cmc counterspell in my decks.

The Elderspell is going in any deck that has a black walker in it.

Law Rune Enforcer is going in my WG one-drops: the deck

I plan on building Feather

Maybe the new Niv

I'm considering casualties of war

Role Reversal is going in Zedruu

Deathsprout will get a lot of play in various decks, and despark

I'm still on the fence with Bolas' Citadel

Prismite might go in Breya

I might build superfriends after this.  Maybe.
A single victory is all I need.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Risposta #11 il: Maggio 14, 2019, 11:40:49 pm »
I really like that planewalkers in this set have static abilities. I hope they keep this design element going forward.