deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Sliver Overlord, The Godfather - Comments  (Read 3603 times)

Comment Bot

Sliver Overlord, The Godfather - Comments
« on: May 24, 2019, 02:09:03 pm »
Sliver Overlord, The Godfather

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

khalitas18

• Decks
Re: Sliver Overlord, The Godfather - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 02:09:03 pm »
mazo de slivers y ya te vi que tienes varios que no son buenos y otros tantos que no los tienes,
no esta mal gastar dinero en cartas que no son slivers para luego perder

khalitas18

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 10:19:17 am »
lo que tu digas, encima que miras mi mazo no te fijas que lo bueno lo tengo y tu no

saint_aldrich

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 03:42:52 pm »
Hi! Love the deck but I was wondering if there is any reason you haven't used Sliver Hive as one of the lands?

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 04:24:30 pm »
Hi saint! Just because it is too expensive, right now, for its purpose. It's token generation ability is useless, and it's jut like an Unclaimed Territory, but more money expensive.
Slivers don't learn. They just know.

rage3932

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 06:35:15 pm »
Great deck, I usually run Training Grounds in mine, makes Commander's and Queen's ability cost 1!!!

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 06:48:08 pm »
Yes, Training Grounds is very very nice! Super strong indeed with queen and overlord! 3 mana for tutoring 3 slivers, is neat.

Sliver Overlord

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 04:40:10 pm »
I think that Descendants' Path could be a great addition to the deck

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 04:55:34 pm »
Hi Sliver Overlord! I was using Descendant's Path in a more casual version of the deck. In a more tuned environment, you have to spend 3 mana, and wait your next turn in order to gain value from that. Somehow it can also be "dangerous" for us, since if the top card is something valuable like Vampiric Tutor and we would have normally draw it, we're just putting it in the botton of the library. Same goes for Emiel, The Blessed and Dockside Extortionist.

SirPoonga

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 12:16:30 am »
I have a more casual sliver deck.  A combo I found that works really well is Mana Echoes and Maskwood Nexus.  Ideal board for that would also include Training Grounds and Sliver Overlord.  Free tutors on other player's turns is nice.  The nexus is nice with Descendant's Path also to ensure a sliver is there on your upkeep after a board wipe if you feel one is coming.

There's other interesting edge case interactions with nexus but not really good for cEDH.

Training Grounds is great.  I just did a trade to get one.  I was running Heartstone before that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:40:46 am by SirPoonga »

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 09:14:09 am »
Hi @Sirponga! I never knew there was a sinergy like that with Maskwood Nexus: thanks for pulling that out ;)

Tranining Grounds is a huge update if you were running Heartstone before: 1 mana is a lot when using our commander's ability.. basically the difference is one tutor per activation :D

What edge case interaction you were talking about?

SirPoonga

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 12:18:32 am »
The Nexus works with The First Sliver and probably an include for the cEDH The First Sliver decks.  Those don't have slivers in them so every other creature is a sliver then and can cascade. In a casual sliver deck it means non-slivers are slivers and can be tutored, like the Seedborn Muse which will help with tutoring more slivers each turn.

With Descendants' Path if you feel a board wipe is coming you just need to hold up three mana instead of 5 + Hive to get a sliver before your upkeep so the path can fully trigger.  Edit: sorry, already mentioned that, but as a reminder how it is better than the Sliver Hive if you want a backup sliver generator in a pinch...

Similar if you want to get that extra card draw from Dormant Sliver, much easier to tap 3 mana with the nexus if you don't have your queen out.  One thing you learn with a sliver deck is 3 mana is your magic number.  Most good slivers and the overlord's tutor need that.

Of course with The World Tree you can get all of your slivers out.  The World Tree is going in my deck regardless because having an extra Chromatic Lantern on a land is nice.  If you can get to double WUBRG than it is instant win.  Since I am doing a more casual sliver deck I will probably put in Repopulate and Haunting Voyage to ensure I can get all my slivers out.

I will be taking my sliver deck into a new direction now that they are reprinting a lot of slivers with Time Spiral.  I am going to have a standard set of cards that will always be in the deck.  Important stuff like the at least one of the mana slivers with Cryptolith Rite.  Leave the other mana sliver in the pool I will mention in a moment.  Dormant Sliver for draw.  The haste and flying sliver.  And the legends.  The rest I will pull out randomly from a pool of slivers so the deck will play differently every time I play it.

Edit: I thought you could click on someone's name and see their public decks.
Here's mine
https://deckstats.net/decks/150261/1557319-sliver-current
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 12:45:55 am by SirPoonga »

SirPoonga

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 12:06:15 am »
BTW, what does Emiel the Blessed do in this deck?  Just for Dockside?  Nexus might be good to go tutor that combo then.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 12:09:14 am by SirPoonga »

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2021, 09:37:22 am »
@SirPoonga Emiel the Blessed can work as a protection for our sliver, since he can blink them an let fizzle a target ability or spell and as a combo piece with Dockside Extortionist.

Maskwood Nexus is not enough efficient in my current build, just because I've included better tutors, for finding both Dockside or Emiel. In order to do the correct math, we'll suppose that we are in the worst case scenario: unfortunately the best case scenario is too hard to achieve. So let's say that I want to tutor Emiel or Dockside taking advantage of Nexus. Assume I have one of those combo piece in my hand, so i will only need to tutor once. I will need 4 generic mana in order to cast Nexus, plus WUBRG in order to cast Sliver Overlord, plus 3 generic mana for tutoring the missing piece. So in order to tutor a missing combo piece in one turn I have to spend 7WUBRG, then cast both of my combo piece, which will be 3WWR and win. This "tutor effect" will expose 1 artifact cast, 1 commander cast, 1 activated ability. Now we'll see my deck's worst case scenario which is, from a mana cost point of view, Finale of Devastation, where I have to pay 4GG in one shot in order to tutor for Emiel and put it into the battlefield at this point I only need to cast dockside for 1R, and then use the combo for infinite mana and then cast Sliver Overlord.

So we're comparing 1 spell that tutor and put into the battlefield for 6 mana, against 2 spells + 1 ability activation that cost 12 mana for only putting that card into my hand.

With this analysis I'm not saying that Maskwood Nexus is 100% bad in general, but that it might see more play in casual pods.

SirPoonga

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2021, 09:16:25 pm »
I gotcha.  I was going through the list of slivers to see what I want to add to my pool and I can't believe I didn't notice this before.  Mistform Sliver works with Mana Echoes in the same way as Maskwood Nexus, though you have to have mana available to get more mana out.  Though it doesn't really work with any other card.  That one will definitely be in the pool.