deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: First deck i've built (black/white), what are your thoughts?  (Leído 687 veces)

Brains911

• Decks
Spent like 2 weeks trying to find the best/cheapest/efficient cards to make my deck.
Is a black/white deck mostly focused on my gaining life and all opponents losing life.
Lots of additional features to increase deck synergy.
Thanks.

https://deckstats.net/decks/133433/1305870-oloro-the-dark-side
« Última modificación: Mayo 27, 2019, 04:01:10 am por Brains911 »

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: First deck i've built (black/white), what are your thoughts?
« Respuesta #1 en: Mayo 27, 2019, 11:50:16 am »
Hey,

first of all, the land base. My golden rule here is "If it always enters tapped, it needs to have a significant effect". We can discuss the meaning of "significant", especially if we take the budget into account, but for me there is no reason to play stuff like Guildgates in EDH.
Then I'm not sure how do you plan to pay your stuff. You got 28 lands + 3 ramp artifacts and a average cmc of 3.89. with that cmc it would be better to have 34-36 lands + 5-8 cards for ramp.
In order to help you, here are some common staples that shouldn't explode your budget: Exotic Orchard, Fellwar Stone, Command Tower, Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot

Then, unless I was missing something while checking the Errdata, you should think about adding some more blue mana, because you'll need oloro on the battlefield to use his card draw.

Besides that, I'm not sure about the mill and proliferate subthemes.  Both doesn't seem like they really fit into the deck.

If you want to learn more about how to build (and trim down) a EDH Deck, this Topic could be interesting for you: https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,42562.html
« Última modificación: Mayo 27, 2019, 03:51:35 pm por Judaspriester »
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Brains911

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Mayo 27, 2019, 05:25:26 pm »
Thanks for the response.
for Oloro I was going to use the Gain mana of any color cards.
For mil is just an added effect as they apply when gaining life, etc and the bonus effects of gaining life is the main theme of the deck.
Proliferate (x3 repeatable cards i believe) is increase counters on all the tokens I'll have, increase the mana ramp cards base mana gain, and to quickly increase my plainswalker's loyalty counters to get the final effects (one everything of mine is indestructible, the other each Swamp I have gives +4 mana). Then also have a few search library cards, of which case can get the appropriate card out.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Mayo 27, 2019, 06:05:09 pm »
Well, the point is, that you try to follow different strategies, and some of them work better with your main plan (life gain/loss) than others.

Let's have a look at some cards:
- God-Pharaoh's Statue: fine by itself, but with your current mana base, I doubt you'll be able to play it before turn 8 and I'm not sure it's still important at this point of the game. I would prefere it in a artifact deck, where you'll be able to play it at turn 3-4.
- Voltaic Key: a great piece for alot of combos, but in your deck? you got 6 possible targets, 3 of them would give you a little extra mana and the other 3 might be usable a second time.
- Mindcrank: great for alot of mill strategies. but in your current deck it feels a little lost, since there little synergy besides some life loss.
- Keening Stone: this may result in alot of milled cards. but its expensive to play and use, AND you'll need a significant amount of cards in your opponents graveyard, before it's making sense to activate it.
- Night Dealings: a interesting card for tutoring on a budget. but there is a little problem: life loss != damage.

I could point out some more cards here, but I think you'll understand what I'm trying to say. I would suggest you to focus a little more on the lifegain/loss.

Some cards that are comming into my mind that could fit a little more: Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Authority of the Consuls, Aetherflux Reservoir, Ashnod's Altar, Luminarch Ascension, Campaign of Vengeance, Phyrexian Processor.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Brains911

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Octubre 06, 2020, 02:23:43 am »
If by chance someone looks here, it has been quite a while since I first made this deck and have revised it many times.
What do you think of the deck? Do you have any suggestions for improvements? Did this deck help you, or find unique cards you didn't know of?
Thanks

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Octubre 06, 2020, 02:28:00 am »
32 lands in a deck with a 3.81 average cmc in Espers colours is ludricous. I don't know why, but this seems to be a common problem with new Oloro decks.

I wouldn't play with less than 36 lands to start.
« Última modificación: Octubre 06, 2020, 02:30:58 am por Marshstepper78 »

Tonytron

• " (Z->)90° - (E-N2W)90°t =1"
  • Decks
Re: Premier pont que j’ai construit (noir / blanc), quelles sont vos pensées?
« Respuesta #6 en: Octubre 06, 2020, 03:36:30 am »
Hi,

About Black and White I See:

Sorin, Vampire Lord??? 8)

Orzhov ?  Teysa Orzhov Scion...

Ravnica is full of this kind of dual-colors...
« Última modificación: Octubre 06, 2020, 03:43:54 am por Tonytron »
"To control the present we must master the futur"

Tonytron

• " (Z->)90° - (E-N2W)90°t =1"
  • Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Octubre 06, 2020, 10:45:57 am »
 We can start on an Vampyre Orzhov theme :

Teysa Karlov as Commander (or else)

campaign of vengeance

Legion Lieutenant

and a lot of vampires tokens...

just another idea the deck up is very good :o
« Última modificación: Octubre 06, 2020, 10:48:46 am por Tonytron »
"To control the present we must master the futur"

PickleLover

• Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Octubre 06, 2020, 02:43:00 pm »
i know this isnt full orzhov, rather just black, but you could also have a Thirsting Bloodlord
– PickleLover