deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Modern Horizons cards you're looking forward to...  (Leído 260 veces)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Modern Horizons cards you're looking forward to...
« en: Mayo 28, 2019, 02:13:31 pm »
So as to not clutter up the Spoilers thread with a full on discussion, what changes do you plan on making to your Modern or EDH decks from what's been spoiled so far? The list for mine is quite long of cards that I at least want to play test in my EDH decks:

Not including the Talismans' that would go in appropriate decks...

Daxos
* Hall of Heliod's Generosity

Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
* Winds of Abandon
* Generous Gift
* Force of Negation

Sliver Overlord
* Bladeback Sliver
* Enduring Sliver
* Spiteful Sliver
* Scuttling Sliver
* Hollowhead Sliver
* Cloudshredder Sliver
* The First Sliver
* Dregscape Sliver
* Lavabelly Sliver
* Tempered Sliver

Hope of Ghirapur
* Sword of Sinew & Steel
* Sword of Truth & Justice

Skullbriar
* Yawgmoth, Thran Physician
* Sword of Truth & Justice

Purphoros
* Force of Rage

Sidisi
* Undead Augur
* Prismatic Vista
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Modern Horizons cards you're looking forward to...
« Respuesta #1 en: Mayo 28, 2019, 02:56:56 pm »
I'm the same way. There are a lot of new cards that I'm adding from this set. I know for certain that I am going to be using the new talismans and draw lands for many decks to come.

Captain Sisay
  • Force of Vigor: Nature's Claim might have finally met its match. Being able to destroy two artifacts or enchantments for 0 mana is incredible. Shame I can't do it on my turn for a Paradox Engine untap.
  • Giver of Runes. Sisay is a huge target for removal, so anything that can protect her is worthwhile.
  • Generous Gift. The color-shifted Beast Within is good, but I don't know if it's good enough.
  • Ranger Captain of Eos. I have some good 1 mana creatures to search for, and the abilities to stop interaction on combo turn is very relevant.
  • Prismatic Vista. This card will likely go in a lot of my future multicolored decks.
Edric, Spymaster of Trest
Krenko, Mob Boss
Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire
Xenagos, the Reveler (Oathbreaker)
New commander
« Última modificación: Junio 01, 2019, 08:13:42 pm por Morganator 2.0 »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Mayo 28, 2019, 03:37:59 pm »
Man, I forgot to list Force of Vigor under Sidisi.

That's a pretty solid list Morganator. The hard part is going to be deciding what to cut for the cards in some of the decks.
This space for rent.

Ylhyssia

• I love deck-building :3
  • Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Mayo 28, 2019, 04:06:25 pm »
Oh man, so many of them, mostly for my Depala and Teysa decks however, sadly there isn't much new toys for Lazav so far.

I need a Talisman of Conviction and a Talisman of Hierarchy for Depala/Teysa.

Eventually I'll most likely need 3x Prismatic Vista for all three of my decks (It's just such a good card in 2-color decks, no way around it).

I'll need a Silent Clearing and a Sunbaked Canyon, again for Depala / Teysa (FINALLY some new enemy-colored lands!).

And finally, the newly revealed Hall of Heliod's Generosity will be great in my Teysa deck, since it has so many enchantments that are prime targets for removal (Darkest Hour, Grave Pact, Smothering Tithe, etc.).

Also, that's just me being picky but I'd like to get my hands on Altar of Dementia to get it with the new border.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Mayo 28, 2019, 05:16:31 pm »
Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
* Winds of Abandon
* Generous Gift
* Force of Negation

Sliver Overlord
* Bladeback Sliver
* Enduring Sliver
* Spiteful Sliver
* Scuttling Sliver
* Hollowhead Sliver
* Cloudshredder Sliver
* The First Sliver
* Dregscape Sliver
* Lavabelly Sliver
* Tempered Sliver

:( >:( >:( :( :( >:( >:( :( :( >:(

I am totally excited for the Lord High Artificer, himself, Urza, and Yawgmoth, even though he seems to kinda be meh. I wanna build a deck around both of them.

The two swords are kewl, except I don't have $100 to drop on them. There have been a lot of land cards spoiled that  interest me. Specifically Throes of chaos. I am not too sure how good it will do, I guess we will find out. I can hit crucible of worlds and the creature version of that, the excavator thing. The reason cascade is so broken is because you are getting two spells for the price of one, excluse maelstrom wanderer. But this isn't the case here, you are kind of tutoring a little bit, but it is so very random. We'll see how it goes.

Not to sound redundant, but as Morganator pointed said, Goblin Engineer is looking mighty fine for Krenko. A goblin that can tutor for any artifact? And is capable of recurring most of them if they get destroyed? Sounds good to me. Thornbite staff, Lightning greaves, swiftfoot boots, illusionist's bracers, even Sol Ring is a good target.
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red