deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mono Black Zombie Devotion ft. Yawgmoth Combo - Comments  (Read 595 times)

Comment Bot

Mono Black Zombie Devotion ft. Yawgmoth Combo - Comments
« on: June 02, 2019, 04:32:51 pm »
Mono Black Zombie Devotion ft. Yawgmoth Combo

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Dimir Mastermind

• Decks
There is nothing that Black and Blue can't handle.

Izzet-saurus

• Rogue deckbuilding donkey
  • Decks
Re: Mono Black Zombie Devotion ft. Yawgmoth Combo - Comments
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 06:45:42 pm »
In any sac based deck, Tragic Slip is really good removal and will kill anything with indestructible short of an Emrakul would run a one of over Cast Down

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 07:01:35 pm »
One of my favorite cards in my token sacrifice deck would be grave pact and liliana dreadhorde general. Grave pact is the better of the two for sacrifice. Nothing more fun then forcing an opponent to join in on the fun of sacrificing their creatures. This deck looks like fun to play.

Izzet-saurus

• Rogue deckbuilding donkey
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 07:18:20 pm »
on you single Undying creature Idea how I understand 601.2c which is relevant due to 602.2b (on "Casting" activated abilities) at the time you determine the number of targets and what happens to said targets you technically haven't even sacrificed your undying creature so targeting it then sacing it as part of the declared modal costs (601.2b) as costs are pay at the time of 601.2h (601.2 is effectively the order of casting spells or going through an activated or triggured abiliity). and Baby Jace techically doesn't avoid this rulling it has the same thing Declare you are ticking up Jace, determine Mode and exact effects of ability if declared ability can be modified so, Select Targets, Decide of the effect is distributed among targets, Pre Resolution Legallity Check, determine cost (adding  a loyalty counter), mana abilities ei Llanowar Elves are activated, Pay cost (tick up Jace), Harsh Mentor like effects will trigger at this time as the fully "casted" ability is now put onto the stack, Resolution Legality Check, Resolves.

THEpuy

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 03:07:04 am »
@Izzet-saurus
That all seems correct but a piece of me really hoped you are wrong. I’ll be playing this in xmage just to see if it works. If it doesn’t, I’ll have to reconsider the list a bit but I do believe Yawgmoth even without the combo is incredibly worthwhile. As for tragic slip, good plan. I will add it.

THEpuy

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 03:13:09 am »
@DimirMastermind unearth sounds like a great idea! Right now the slots in the deck are too tight, but if the combo doesn’t work the way I think it does I’ll be cutting butcher and zulaport so I’ll put a couple in. If the combo does work (praying it does), maybe some in the sb.

CPFCPF

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 02:07:27 pm »
Hi there! I stumbled across your part 3 command:
"Yawgmoth resolves. Since it is an “up to one” target, you choose after resolution*. Select the undying creature."
Then I checked Magic rulings, but couldn't find anything, that refers to choosing the target at the moment, the ability resolves.
All I found was, that targets are declared when the ability is activated.
What am I missing?

THEpuy

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 03:43:02 pm »
@CPFCPF What’s your missing is the asterisk. I clarify below that my understanding of this interaction is based off my playing with walkers where the “up to one” selection happens after resolution for some reason. Not sure whether or not this interaction works but we’ll see when I try it online.

CPFCPF

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 12:07:45 pm »
I would bet, that you have to select target the moment, you activate the ability.

Nevertheless: thnaks for your quick reply.
I'm not a magic rules ultra expert, but I think the planeswalkers ability shouldn't be any other than that, so selecting the target of an ability the moment it resolves should be a bug.

Andrewmo

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 12:30:04 am »
Looks like your wanting your opponent to pay the 1 life for you.