deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Warweaver's Pillowfort - Comments  (Leído 233 veces)

Comment Bot

• Visitante
Warweaver's Pillowfort - Comments
« en: Julio 10, 2019, 02:57:12 am »
Warweaver's Pillowfort

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Reyane

• I like weird decks.
  • Decks
Re: Warweaver's Pillowfort - Comments
« Respuesta #1 en: Julio 10, 2019, 02:57:12 am »
If anybody has recommendations on how to make this better - feel free to leave a comment and link some cards! The primary goal of the deck is to cause opponents to take damage when creatures enter your field or theirs, make them take damage if they hit you, and then make them take damage when one of the creatures die.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Julio 10, 2019, 10:59:04 am »
Hey,

Prismatic Omen feels like a little overkill for the deck (especially for the budget) but if you have one, its great.

Then I would clean up the land base. My golden Rule here: "if it always enters tapped, it needs to have a significant effect". We can argue about the Scry lands (even if I don't think the scry 1 is THAT important for your deck) but everything worse should go. Since you're playing green, colorfixing shouldn't be a that big deal. Exotic Orchard also helps alot.

I've just checked my xantcha deck for some ideas, this is what I have found:
Maddening Imp (cleans up creatures with summoning sickness)
Mass Hysteria (haste for all, let them beat themself earlier)
Crown of Doom (another option to let them beat themself, let them play hot potato)
Backlash (in case someone puts a real fatty on the board)
Repercussion (damage for blocking creatures)
Curtains' Call (potent multiplayer removal)

Since you produce alot of tokens, Diabolic Intent could be interesting. Same cmc but a little more affordable than Diabolic Tutor.

Tempting Licid could also be interesting for some nasty combat tricks (force your opponents to block).
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Reyane

• I like weird decks.
  • Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Julio 10, 2019, 03:00:20 pm »
Thank you Judaspriester - I did take prismatic omen out of the deck - I should have enough color fixing among a 3 color deck.
I fixed up some of the lands and added backlash and diabolic intent. I will consider changing my scry lands - they aren't extremely advantageous - I agree with you on that. They just felt more budget.

I like all the cards you linked - will be hard to decide what I want to cut to fit some of those in.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Julio 10, 2019, 03:46:25 pm »
Well.. if the budget doesn't allow the "good" lands, I prefere playing basics in stead of the bad non-basics. They are easier to fetch and doesn't get affected by some land hate cards like Back to Basics or Blood Moon. Besides that, if a land enters tapped, you pay 1 mana for the effect, because you can't use it that turn.

About the cuts.. I don't know about your playgroup, but at mine, you would get a big crossair on your head once Black Market hits the table.
Terastodon would also be a viable cut. The card is nice, without question, but with cmc8 its very hard to cast.
Leyline of Combustion is also kinda meta dependant. I don't want to say it's bad, you should just think about it's worth in your playgroup.
Ruric Thar, the Unbowed could be dangerous, since you got 40 non-creature spells in your deck.
I'm also not sure about Trespasser's Curse. I understand the idea behind it, but I'm not sure its worth the slot.

Another thing that you could do is replace 1 land with Commander's Sphere. It helps with colorfixing/ramp and you can still sacrifice it for a additional carddraw later on.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.